Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WAHOOOOO!!! IT'S WICKED WORKOUT WEDNESDAY!!

Oh no! Watch out!!! It is Wicked Workout Wednesday!!! And, no, I'm not from Boston! LOL! I don't know if you feel it today...can you feel it? I have energy coming out of my pores so if you're anywhere near me you are certainly going to feel it. In fact, you're probably feeling it just reading about it here on this page!! Am I right? Feel that energy! Embrace it and do what you will with it!!


This is one of those days when it really, really sucks to have a desk job. I feel like I could go run, lift weights, hike, skate, swim and bike all day long today. What am I supposed to do with all of this energy?!? I ask you!

I started off the morning RIGHT! I got up and was at the gym by 5:30 or 5:40, I think. I did my back and leg superset workout and it was amazing!! I think I'm really liking doing the AM weights since NO ONE is there and you can really just get in and get it done! I followed that up with some jump rope for about 10 minutes. Finished it all off with some nice stretching and meditating.

For the jump rope, this is what I did with about 30 second rests between each set.
100 single jumps
100 single jumps
60 double jumps
60 skipping
60 single jumps
60 boxer style (why am I so uncoordinated doing those?!?)
60 slalom jumps

Gina had put jump rope in my program about 6 weeks out and I loved it. I haven't loved jump rope since I've been an adult. I was the BEST in my class in 3rd grade though so I must have SOME natural talent! Hahahaha!!

So it's back to work I go. Oh, by the way, my weight is up to 133. That's fine. I had decided that it could go up to 135 and I would be fine with that. We'll see what happens. I also know what to do with all my energy. I'm going to go skating after work!! WOOHOO!!!

And my food today, you ask?
1) Homemade veggie soup with sliced up egg "pancake", 1/2 cup oatmeal on the side
2) 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 2 T walnut pieces, cinnamon - YUM!
3) 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 T cacao nibs, 1 rice cake
...more to come...

“Act enthusiastic and you will be enthusiastic” ~Dale Carnegie

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I totally get what you mean! I have a desk job and I obviously sit all day at school. There are days when I feel like I could run, lift and jump for hours but I have to keep it below an hour than go sit at my desk lol

Erin said...

So glad you feel me here! Love your blog and so glad you're working with Alyson! She has fantastic recipes and I just love her energy!