Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rainy day Wednesday - Chest, Tris, Abs Workout

Good morning! How is everyone doing this morning? I'm feeling some fire. And guess what I've decided. I've decided that I am just going to put my favorite mix (you know the one - dried cranberries, chocolate chips, almonds and/or sacha inchi) in my plan on a weekly basis. Why you ask? Well, because I LOVE the combination and the reality is that it's not that bad for me and it's a really good TREAT. Dark chocolate is good for you as are dried cranberries due to their high volume of antioxidants. And of course the good fats from almonds and sacha inchi are awesome too. So I have decided to have that once a week. Unless it starts adversely affecting me then I think I'm good. I'll keep you posted on that. And the truth of the matter is that I really, really enjoy that treat. With it in my plan I can fully indulge and enjoy! Whew! Glad I got that off my chest and out there so you all are in the know!

So I'm off to a great start today. I had a killer workout this morning and a great breakfast. And soon my second meal will be ready for my big ol' mouth! Ha ha!

Chest, Tris, Abs Workout
Chest
Incline push ups 3x15
Regular push ups 3x12
Push ups off 15 # dumbbells 3x12
Dumbbell chest press with 20# 3x15
Triceps
Triceps push ups off dumbbells 1x10 (OK...this was really hard after knocking out all the previous push-ups. I can usually knock out many more of these but not this time!)
Single triceps kickbacks 1x20 each arm
Reverse triceps dips - 10 slow - rest, 10 lower half then 10 upper half - rest, 5 full then halfway and hold for 3 counts then pulse for 5 then 5 more full then halfway combos
Abs
15 full leg raise/hip lift
20 reverse curls
20 crunches
20 reverse curls with 10 # plate between knees
20 crunches with 10# plate overhead
20 crunches raising both hips and shoulders with 10# plate between knees
Cardio
20 minutes HIIT on stepmill - started at level 10 for 2 minutes then level 12 for about 13 then level 16 for the last 5 minutes - all on the speed training (that's my love and I am so happy when I can get THAT stepmill!)

Home for shower and food. My first meal was 5 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal with HOMEMADE salsa!! Yummy! I haven't made salsa forever and let me just tell you how good it was and is and will be since I made a TON! DELICIOUS!! And I love that salsa is so freezable. Oh, yes, there will be many salsa meals to come. In fact I think I'm going to make a bastardized Pescado Veracruzano for dinner tonight. Yummy and perfect for this rainy weather! If I do, I will definitely post the very easy recipe. I'll post my salsa recipe later today as well. It's so rustic and just bursting with flavor. Ooh, I need to take a picture of it. Note to self! Hahahahaha!!!

Have a great day today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the salsa recipe! I love salsa, although I have to say I've never had it in oatmeal. I wish I had a trader joes or whole foods close to me. You have some great meal plans with interesting foods.