THE FOOD: First we headed to Wood Ranch Barbecue in Agoura Hills (still the BEST one!!) and I ate so much. Don't worry...all of you that are in the midst of your contest prep, I ate some really good food for you. I can't help it...I'm just a givin' gal!!! LOL! So, what did I eat you ask? Well, to start with they have incredibly delicious garlic rolls and they serve them HOT, not warm...oh no, HOT!! So of course I had to jump right on those.
Next we ordered the spinach artichoke dip served with salsa and tortilla chips. Let me just say that Houstons has nothing on this place where that dip is concerned. I think they use a lot more parmesan than Houstons. Delicious!!
My main course was baby back ribs with grilled white corn on the cob and smashed sweet potatoes with candied pecans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY?!? Are you kidding me? Holy Toledo!!! The ribs were divine - sticky, sweet yet tangy, smoky...perfect! The corn on the cob was just okay but the smashed sweet potatoes....OH........MY..........GOODNESSSSSSSSSSS!!! I'm in love! Hahahahahahahahaha! Ridiculously good!
THE FUN: Then we headed over to The Canyon Club for the concert. This was the perfect venue for this. It's casual and intimate enough without being overcrowded. Pato Banton's music is good and his messages take you to a higher level! He is all about making the world a better place and loving one another. It was an AMAZING concert. He sang some oldies and some newer songs. He has an incredible rapport with the audience and it was the most uplifting concert I have EVER been to. He really connects with the audience and as I looked around at the crowd everyone was just so happy. Everyone was dancing and it didn't matter if they were good at it or not because they were all truly enjoying themselves and THAT is rare to see these days - a whole venue full of happy people enjoying themselves. VERY rare!!
At one point he had everyone hug someone new ("not the people you came with") and smile at each other. I mean, come on! Who spreads that kind of love around at concerts? No concert I've been to before. At church? Maybe. But at a concert? Highly unlikely!! He spoke briefly about meditation and listening to yourself and these were his words: "Turn off our iphone. Turn off your ipod. Turn off you ichat. Turn off your i-this. Turn off your i-that. Listen to yourself. Meditate. Whenever I'm done meditating I can see clearly what I need to do and where I need to be." Beautiful words, right? His final song was Stay Positive and what a great message. I've put the lyrics below.
THE PRAYER CIRCLE: Yes, after the concert he invited everyone to meet in the parking lot for a prayer circle and to be there at 12:30 am (about 15-20 minutes after he finished singing). And WOW! What a positive vibration buzzing through that group. He said some great things and let anyone in the circle give thanks however they wanted. It was just AMAZING! A couple of the messages or things he said:
- No matter what goal you achieve you're still the same distance from your goal - don't get comfortable!
- Expand to expand
- Don't get wrapped up in material things - you can't take them with you
- Treat people right so you can put some credit into "the other side" - you're just in this vessel for this lifetime
STAY POSITIVE:
Situation in the world is crazy.
We got to stay positive.
Stay positive, stay positive, stay positive.
Stay positive, stay positive, stay positive.
Live the life you love, love the life you live
and no matter what the crisis is.
Stay positive, stay positive, stay positive.
Every time me take a little look on the T. V.
seems like the whole world gone crazy.
War, famine and poverty
people are dying continually.
So many people are getting confused
so many reasons to get in the blues.
But with a little faith in the most high's plan
it gives me strength to sing this song.
Positive! Ooh yes we have to stay positive.
Positive! No matter what the crisis is.
Positive! Even when things gone wrong.
Positive! This is the time when you got to be strong.
Positive! Black, white, pink or brown.
Positive! Live in the city or you live in the town.
Positive! Ooh yes we have to stay positive.
Positive! No matter what the crisis is.
Live the life you love, love the life you live
and no matter what the crisis is.
When there's life to live, and there's love to give
why should you be negative?
You got to stay positive!
"The more you love, the more you care, the more you care, the more you share." ~Pato Banton
"Life is a struggle but never give in! "~Pato Banton
"When there's life to live and love to give why should you be negative? You got to stay positive." ~Pato Banton
2 comments:
I'm jealous....I love, love RIBS!!! I also loved the poem, thanks so much for sharing =)
Thanks Lynn! I hear you on the ribs!! I don't think I had eaten ribs in about a year or so and it just made them taste even better. I enjoyed every single little morsel. They were to die for!
Post a Comment