Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tuesday Wrap-Up

Let me just wrap up yesterday so I can put it in its box and forget about it!!! LOL!!!

I didn't get up early because, why? Well, because I stayed up late of course!! So then it was definitely going to be an evening workout for me. I ate my breakfast and headed into work. I went in for my second meal and guess what? The yogurt looked like this...
Funky thing in my yogurt - YUCK!

Gross? Yes, I thought so too! So then I was at a loss...what was I going to do?!? I rummaged through my stash of goodies at work and came up with something so delightful I would like to have it again each and every day!!! Let's just call it Helluva Pumpkin Mess! I microwaved about 2/3 cup pumpkin for 30 seconds. Then I added about 2-4 T unsweetened vanilla almond breeze and 1 scoop protein powder and 1/4 cup instant oats and cinnamon. I heated it again for about 30 seconds. Then I served it up with some Cinnamon Almond Meal Crackers. Oh, man was it good!!!!
Helluva Pumpkin Mess on Cinnamon Almond Meal Cracker
So that meal was awesome but late and then we had someone coming into our office and bringing lunch. Well, normally I go home for lunch so I had no backup. We got food from El Pollo Loco. I ordered the skinless chicken breast which comes with side salad and veggies. It wasn't terrible but the veggies were way over done. So I was quite off track by now and I didn't go home at lunch which meant no workout clothes. I made my mind up then to skip Tuesday's workout and just hit it hard Wednesday. Afternoon snack posed a little problem since I again really had no plan for that and NO yogurt? :-( But again I made use of my canned pumpkin, chocolate protein powder this time, cacao nibs, and an apple. Weirder than the first time and not nearly as good but hey, it worked.

I think all the weird food during the day affected me badly. I headed out to Whole Foods after work to return the funky yogurt. Then it was off to Trader Joe's for some staples - veggies, almond milk, pork chops, eggs...and 2 Think Thin bars...yeah, uh oh is right! Headed home with my goodies and promptly dove into my first Think Thin bar! Don't worry, it was my first and ONLY! But unnecessary just the same. Just craving something, that's all. 

So, to sum up my meals yesterday:
1) 2 cups puffed kamut, vanilla protein powder "milk"
2) Helluva Pumpkin Mess and 13 cinnamon almond meal crackers
3) 1 skinless chicken breast, 1 cup mixed steamed veggies, 1 salad with some tortilla strips and salsa for dressing, 1/2 cup kamut (thanks to Iris!!)
4) Chocolate Pumpkin Mess, 1 apple, 2 T cacao nibs
5) Think Thin Bar
6) Mighty Green Smoothie - cold w/ mint - soooo yummy!
7) 4 egg whites with 1 T olive oil, 6 cherry tomatoes, bruschetta seasoning - so, so tasty!

Weird day and very discombobulated! Oh well, it's over and wrapped up!
Tuesday wrapped up!!

On to Wednesday! Catch you on that post!

No comments: