Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wednesday recap and here comes Thursday

Okay, it's Thursday. Who's ready to hit it? I guess I am since I was up and at the gym by 5:40am. I put in a good 35 minutes on the treadmill 4.4-4.6 at mostly 10% but some 15% incline. It felt good and actually my energy was really good but I didn't want to get on the stepmill because I find myself a little too competitive on that machine and kind of push it too hard. Especially since I did HIIT on it just last night!

Yesterday's Meals:
Before 1) Mighty green smoothie
1) 4 egg whites + 1 egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal with pumpkin, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cloves
2) Chocolate Zucchini Protein Loaf!!
3) 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/4 cup instant oats
4) Spaghetti squash, 5 oz tilapia, Ezekiel tortilla
5) Shrimp pate on celery, side of cucumber
6) Cream of mushroom soup from Whole Foods, 4 oz Rosemary Garlic Pork Tenderloin
7) Chocolate Protein Cake with 1 T NuttZo - mmmm.....so yummy!

Last night I did back, bis and abs. It was a GREAT workout! Very strong and highly motivated! And then I hit the stepmill for 20 minutes of HIIT doing about 10 minutes at level 12 then 2 minutes level 14 and then the last 8 at level 16, all on speed training and varying between single steps and double steps. AWESOME!! I worked so hard I deserved a nice long stretch and meditation which I took right there at the gym. Then it was off to Whole Foods.

Guess what? They are having a sale on Zevia soda!! If you don't know about this stuff, you should try it out if you're a soda lover! It has ZERO calories, ZERO carbs, and is sweetened with stevia!! This was made for me. Not only that but they have these yummy flavors: Dr. Zevia, Cola, Ginger Ale, Orange, Black Cherry, Twist and Ginger Root Beer. I have tried the Ginger Ale, Black Cherry and Ginger Root Beer and have LOVED all of them. And no artificial sweeteners OR sugar. It's a win win!

Blue Sky also makes stevia (well, Truvia) sweetened sodas. They're flavors are good too: Cherry Vanilla Creme (love!), Jamaican Ginger Ale, Creamy Root Beer, Cola and Lemon Lime. Cherry Vanilla Creme is the only one I've tried and I love it!

Today's meals:
1) 1 cup spelt flakes with almond milk, Chai Tea "latte" - made with protein powder of course...YUM!
2) Chocolate Zucchini Protein Loaf
3) 1/2 cup Voskos yogurt, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1-2 T cacao nibs, 4 walnut halves
4) Mighty Green Smoothie first then Orange Spice Cottage Cheese Pudding with hazelnuts and Raisin Cinnamon Mochi - oh man!! WATCH OUT NOW...WAY TASTY!!!!!!
Orange Spice Pudding with hazelnuts and Raisin Cinnamon Mochi
Mochi close-up!
5) Spaghetti Squash with quick peanut sauce (peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce) and tilapia - this was so surprisingly good
6) Spaghetti Squash with olive oil and Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets and 5 oz Rosemary Garlic Pork Tenderloin
7) Low-Carb Pumpkin Souffle from Nourished Fitness - OH YES!!! I HAVE ARRIVED!!! Are you joking? I just found this recipe tonight and made it instantly and it's sooooooooooo good. I put a little coconut oil and also some NuttZo on top!!! TRY THIS RECIPE!!!

Low-Carb Pumpkin Souffle

1 scoop Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder (brand suggestions: BSN, All The Whey)
1/3 cup Pumpkin puree
1/3 cup Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Pumpkin Spice & Cinnamon to taste
Stevia to taste
*Mix dry ingredients first then add in pumpkin and egg whites. For best results mix with a hand blender until well mixed. Pop into the microwave for 3 minutes. Pick your favorite topping depending on your nutrition needs (nut butters, maple syrup, dried fruit, etc)

Today I did a leg workout with my "client"/friend. It was a great workout and I really enjoy sharing my knowledge about working out and nutrition. It's quite fun and exciting. Got home later than usual but managed 2 more meals. Wow! What a great meal day!!! YUMMY! I love being this healthy and still eating some really tasty food!!

It's off to bed for me now so I can wake up early and head to the gym for my first workout as a 44-year-old!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have never guess you would be 44...Happy Birthday!!!!

I WILL be trying the souffle eventually...mmmm.....

Erin said...

THANKS redhead75!! I know...I really am not good at acting my age. Life's too fun to act too serious, right?

Yes, definitely try the souffle! It was delish!!!! Let me know what you think! Thanks again!!