Thursday, October 21, 2010

If you look closely you can see Friday!

Can you see it? It's almost here! But until then I suppose I will just have to enjoy Thursday. So today my plan was to work out at night but I was up early so I figured I might as well get that done this morning since I'm only doing cardio and no weights. So off to the gym I went and did my 35 minutes incline treadmill at 4.6 and 15% incline. In there somewhere I did about 4 minutes of 5.0 at 10% incline.

Then it was onto the tennis ball since I'm having some real tightness in my hips/hip flexor/IT band. Nothing like keeping those areas loose! Helps in so many ways! And of course I did some stretching/meditation. Ahhhhhh.....feels so great!

Home again home again jiggety jig! To feed this girl...this little pig! LOL! So it was a new grain for me today...Kasha! While the kasha I ate is just roasted buckwheat, apparently kasha is actually a meal prepared with any grain. (Hmm...I just learned something! Yeah for me!) It's pretty roasted tasting but I liked it just the same. You know me, I bore easily so this was a nice change for me. I added some applesauce to it and also some honey and coconut butter. Ah, then it was perfect! Yummy in fact. I can't wait to use this as a savory grain. Watch out kitchen...here I come!! And of course there were egg whites to go with that. I just seasoned them with sea salt and bruschetta seasoning. Very tasty breakfast indeed. And satisfying!

Second meal down and looking a lot like the first with the exception that I put walnuts in my kasha and boy is that tasty! No coconut butter though, just almond milk.

Oh, and by the way, in case you're wondering how I'm feeling after yesterday's workout...OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am BEYOND sore! It hurts to do anything. It hurts to type this post in fact. Holding up my arms? Yes, painful. Moving them around at all? Even more painful. I'm pathetic. Hahahaha!!! I even stretched and took my glutamine. But wowie! I am SORE!!

Let me get on with my day. I'll update you later and post my salsa recipe and also my quick bastardized pescado veracruz recipe too. It's gloomy outside. LOL! Random thought!


We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter.~Mark Twain

No comments: