1) 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup pumpkin, some almond milk, stevia, and pumpkin pie spice - yummy!
2) My HALF meal ;-) - 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 an apple, 6 walnut halves & cinnamon, 1/2 container of Greek yogurt - Voskos with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder and 1-2 T cacao nibs
3) My OTHER HALF meal - 1/2 container of Greek yogurt - Voskos with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/4 cup (or should I say 1/2 of a 1/2 cup) instant oats, 2-3 T almond milk and 1-2 T cacao nibs
4) Rosemary Garlic Pork Tenderloin, LOTS of steamed green beans, spelt tortilla on the side
5) 6 oz broiled tilapia and kimchee! I just love my kimchee
HERE IS WHERE THE TROUBLE BEGAN!!!
6-end of the night) 1 1/2 cups puffed kamut with almond milk and Just Like Sugar
Then it was onto the prunes (about 6-8)
Then it got worse...my new favorite...dried cranberries, raw almonds, dark chocolate chips - in truth this is a VERY healthy snack with all its antioxidants and healthy fat! The quantity however, might be the problem. I really don't even know how much I had but let's put it in the ballpark of about 20-30 almonds plus 2 chocolate chips and 2 cranberries for each almond!! EXCELLENT!! I am a CHAMPION in the truest sense of the word!!!
I thought of eating some more protein later but that just seemed frivolous at that point so I stopped eating all together.
I got a good night's sleep and then this morning woke up ready to hit the day in a big, big way!!! I knew I had to rein things in so I woke up early and hit up a mighty green smoothie - 1 green bell pepper, 2 stalks celery, 1 1/2 cups spinach, 2 stems of mint (leaves only), 2 Persian cukes, 1/4 c apple cider vinegar, 1/4 c aloe vera juice, 3 droppers stevia, 8 ice cubes. Great way to start my day...makes me feel so clean and healthy! Then I had to wash dishes, eat breakfast and make Chocolate Zucchini Protein Loaves!! I just finished eating a loaf and it was delish!!! Although next time I may even add a little applesauce since the cocoa powder is a little drying.
So my meals so far today:
Before 1) Mighty green smoothie
1) 4 egg whites + 1 egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal with pumpkin, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cloves
2) Chocolate Zucchini Protein Loaf!!
I'm off to a good start! Yesterday's shoulder workout was great! Oddly enough though just 3 1/2 weeks since showtime and I'm starting to feel the loss of strength. Next week I'm going to work on bringing my strength back. It could also just be with my travel and not working out on my regular schedule I was a little off. We'll see next week.
So, this weekend is my birthday weekend!! Yippee! I'm not usually excited for my birthday but for some reason this year I am!! I get to go listen to some jazz on Friday night - sounds good and relaxing and hopefully the rain will be gone by then since it's outdoors. Then on Saturday night I'm going to go to the 20th Annual Divas Simply Singing! Now this I am VERY excited about!! I love good music and incredible singers and this night promises to be one of those. I have never been but I've wanted to go for a while now. I'm sure there will be some good food thrown in the weekend as well! I also told you I was going to post my birthday wish list and so I will.
ERIN'S BIRTHDAY WISH LIST
- iTunes Gift Card - I just won an iPod Touch and would love to fill it with some new stuff!
- Cast iron griddle/grill pan from World Market ($20) - I know there are better, more expensive ones but that will work
- Travel blow dryer from Brookstone ($40) - mine is kind of broken
- Oster Beehive Blender - my blender works but after 22 years of working it's kind of slowly dying ($55-60) - Yes, I really would like a VitaMix but THAT'S not going to happen!
- Cards/Hugs/Laughs ($free)
- Gift cards from Trader Joe's (I know, pathetic!), Macy's, Target, vitacost.com
- NuttZo, Just Like Sugar
- Metabolic Drive Low Carb vanilla protein powder from tmuscle.com ($35)
- Muscle Gauge Nutrition cake batter protein powder from musclegauge.com
Have a great day today! I am LOVING this rain!! I love rain in limited amounts!! It's always so fresh after the rain!
"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
No comments:
Post a Comment