Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Great workout!! - Superset back and plyo legs circuit

So today I was FREE in the gym!!! LOL!!! And it was midday which makes it sooooo much better for working out! I love it when it's not crowded. Although this would have been a great workout even if the gym was crowded. So weird to not have a "set" workout or split. So I needed something that was going to get me excited to be in the gym since it's a really beautiful day outside. This is what I ended up doing:

*All back exercises were sets of 15 and the plyos were sets of 20 (or 10 each side)
3 of each Superset:
Wide grip lat pulldown and jump squats
Underhand grip bentover row and jumping split lunges
One arm row and straddle jump up onto board (10 staying low in squat basically and 10 with height - getting air)
Seated cable row and straightleg deadlift with plate (only 15 NOT 20)
Lat pulldown with rope and side step squats returning to center each time

Finished off with some ab work:
3 sets of 10 jackknife on ball and 10 pikes on ball
1 set of 15 hanging leg raises
1 set of oblique hanging leg raises (10 each side)
1 more set of 15 hanging leg raises

This was a great workout! And I put it together all by myself! LOL! It was fun and kept my heart rate up! I was so proud!!! Let me know if you try it. It's fun!

No comments: