Celebrate the accomplishments, successes, joys, achievements of others. Forget their demise, failures, downfalls, sadnesses, diseases, bitterness. Delighting in other people's misery and pain, that kind of so-called happiness, can only fill you with grief and despair, hatred. It's not a positive way to live life. It's not healthy nor will it make your life fuller. It will drag you down. Yes, someone may have wronged you in the past but why give them that power again? Why let them have that energy when that is energy you could actually use toward something positive for you? You could use that energy to better your life and celebrate your own or someone else's success! Wouldn't that serve a much better purpose? Yes, definitely!!
When you think of it that way, it just makes more sense to let go of those people that don't represent happiness or joy. Why hold onto them or even stories of them? Let them go, let the situation go, the company, the people, the anger, hatred, disappointment, basically anything that won't help build you up. Let it go. In so doing and replacing it all with happiness, joy and celebration of good, you have just had a major energy shift and that energy shift can only take you closer to your goals whatever they may be. Don't fall into that toxic trap of hatred, jealousy, envy, retaliation, resentment, and disappointment. Just move forward in peace and love. Be happy and loving and enjoy that. Cuss less, love and enjoy more, live and breathe happiness, gratitude and wonderment. Give praise and watch your words. The more negativity coming out of your mouth, the more you "hear" since it's coming right out of your very own mouth. Put a stop to it and see if you aren't happier and more grateful for the good things you have in life. Let go of ALL that is not moving you to a higher plane! Let's all move up together! Today try to live life without anger or resentment. Live it with joy for what's good. Forget the bad and forget those that have wronged you. That's the past. Move forward continually ascending to that place that will bring you even greater joy and satisfaction! Join me, won't you? Let's all make this world a more peaceful and loving place to live and experience life!
I actually caught myself today tossing about some hatred and pretty unkind words and cuss words. I had to stop myself but it was a HUGE step for me because I was supremely aware of it and reined it in. Both of those are big for me. I really am more and more positive and when I catch myself sounding like a sailor and putting other people down I really have to stop myself. I also have to stop myself from wishing and/or delighting in bad things happening to people that have wronged me. I've gotten MUCH, MUCH better at that. But there's always room for improvement there. Definitely! But I'm human and I'm living and growing as much as I possibly can and am in such a much better place today than a year ago. It's been a fantastic journey.
So again, do not delight in other people's pain, discomfort, misery, discontentment. None of this should make you happy. If someone wronged you and now they are finding supreme discontent what does your celebration of that discontent do? Who does it benefit? Why join in that? Forget it and find someone else that you admire, like or adore and share in their joy and success instead. Healthier for you, better for the planet!
4 comments:
Great message! I love this post! Thanks for the reminder to always find the positive and to focus on it.
Thanks Kari! Glad to see you're doing well and really enjoyed your weekend!
Wow Erin! That was so inspirational. I'm so glad I'm your friend. You always remind me how to be a better person day by day. Angel :)
Thanks Angel! So glad you like it. I'm grateful for your friendship each and every day! You're awesome! Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment