Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday Wrap-up

Wednesday is done and it's one more day of work here and then off to Vegas so I can work some more!! LOL!! I'm so looking forward to eating though. I can't even tell you. So funny! I almost stopped and picked up some food tonight because I just wasn't in the mood to cook but I didn't because I needed to remind myself that I'm heading to Vegas and going to eat a little off plan so I had to be good today and tomorrow and most of Friday as well.

With that said, today's meals:
1) 2 cups puffed kamut with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk...okay, I got so carried away with this and how delish it was that I almost forgot to eat my protein! But I didn't forget and had 6 egg whites also.
2) Berry loaf cake (recipe from Chef Stef). Oh my...this is like berry pound cake! Crazy good! But next time I will make it with spelt flour because I think it will be even better!
3) Turkey burrito again! Same as yesterday and just as delish as yesterday if not better and 1 Jamie Eason Chicken Muffin
4) Kamut Salad with a KICK, 2 Jamie Chicken Muffins on the side
5) Cottage cheese mixed with Mexican style tomatoes and scooped up with red peppers - so ridiculously simple and super tasty
6) Chocolate Protein Cake with 1 T peanut butter!!! I'm in love all over again. Why is that such an incredibly delicious treat/meal? MAN!! DELISH!!!

My training today was good. I am just L-O-V-I-N-G my workouts! So great to have extra energy to workout. However, I must think I'm Wonder Woman because I just about kill myself with my workouts. Here's what I did.
Heavy Leg Extension - 3 sets of 12
Standing Ham Curl - 3 sets of 12
Walking Lunges w/ 10lb plate - 3 sets of 32
One leg jumps on sled - 3 sets of 15
Straightleg Deadlift with cable - 3 sets of 15
Medium Leg Extension - 3 sets of 8 regular speed then 9 negatives
Jump Squats - 3 sets of 20

Then it was onto cardio. 10 minutes incline treadmill 4.6 at 15%, 12 minutes stepmill speed training level 12, then 5 minutes fat burner level 16!! I only did the stepmill that way because I, being the foolish fellow that I am, pressed the wrong button and killed my stepmill workout at about 12 minutes! Aargh! Silly me!!

I encourage you to try new grains just for variety in your diet. I think it's so important to try different foods and see how your body responds. I have NO scientific proof but logically I think it makes you metabolize food faster as well because your body is constantly trying to figure out how to burn this new food. Maybe it's proven somewhere but I'm not about to do the research tonight. At any rate, it will keep you palate happy and you as well. The more variety you can have in your diet or meal plan, the greater the likelihood that you'll stick with it for life! So, try a new grain this week and let me know what you think! There are so many - wild rice, brown rice, brown rice couscous, millet, barley, kamut, wheat berries, spelt berries, amaranth, quinoa, bulgar, rye...there may be more. Try 'em all. Smiley Come one, come all to happy happy grainland! LOL! I'm delirious!!

Okay, night night!! Have a great day tomorrow!

No comments: