Monday, September 27, 2010

Whew! That was a long day!

Hey! Did you hear?!? My fine city of Los Angeles broke a record today. Yep, it was 113 degrees in L.A. today, making it the hottest day on record since record keeping began in 1877!!!! WOWIE!!! That's some doggone hot weather!! I'm soooooo glad I work in air conditioning. Yeah for AC!! What a great innovation.

Meals were spot on today and my workout was BOMB!! Amazing really! I'm feeling really good!

So my food:
1) 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1/2 apple grated in and cinnamon, 6 egg whites pancake style
2) 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt mixed with 1 scoop protein powder, 6 walnut halves - BOY! This was super tasty!!
3) Caesar salad with 2 oz chicken, "garlic toast" - made of 2 kamut puffed cakes sprayed with olive oil spray and then grated Almond mozzarella and slap that under the broiler for a little less than a minute -- UH OH! May have found a new favorite!
4) Spaghetti squash with 4 oz chicken and chili garlic sauce
5) Protein shake (had errands to run after the gym so luckily I had a bag of protein powder ;-))
6) Mighty green smoothie (yes, I AM addicted to that) and then tilapia

And my workout was glutes and hams!
Lying Hamstring Curl (glute focus) - 3 sets of 8
Sumo squat with 25# plate - 3 sets of 15 then 15 pulses
Butt Blaster on Lying Ham Curl machine  - 3 sets of 8
Stationery Lunge with front foot on plate - 3 sets of 20
Lying Hamstring Curl (ham focus) - 3 sets of 8
Smith Machine Squat - 3 sets of 15
Sissy Squats - 3 sets of 15 then 15 pulses

Then it was on to the stepmill - 20 minutes speed training at level 12-14. Yep, the stepmill...apparently still my friend!

I'm off to bed now. Enjoy your evening and tomorrow is going to be great! Maybe not as hot as today so that will make me happy for sure!! GOODNIGHT!!

No comments: