Sunday, September 12, 2010

Play by Play of my First Figure Competition (TOC 2010)

2:00am - woke up starving in the middle of the night
4:00am - big car accident outside my building and I'm still awake and hungry but fell asleep shortly thereafter
5:00am - awakened by cleanup of said car accident
5:15 or so - fall asleep again
6:15am - woke up and ate my breakfast of tilapia, mostly dry oats and almonds
7:30am - met with Gina for one final check and posing practice and got my hair done by Traci - Gina told me to eat a bunch more rice cakes and almonds that weren't originally on my plan
8:35am - left for Tournament of Champions venue (Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Culver City)
9:00am - Athlete brief for figure and bikini girls
9:15am - got spray tanned again
9:45am - got makeup done
10:15/10:30am - ate more rice cakes and fish and Traci touched up my hair
11:00am - pumped up
11:15/11:30am - hit the stage for Masters 35+ class
11:33am - stepped off the stage (it was probably that quick anyway!)
hung out backstage till "round 2"
1:00/1:15pm - hit the stage again for Overall Figure Class D
1:30pm - left the venue and headed home for some R & R
5:30pm - started getting ready to head back to the venue
6:30pm - back at the venue
7:00pm - headed backstage and got sprayed one more time
7:20pm - hit the stage for Finals for Master Division
7:22pm - back off stage
stayed backstage for HOURS!!!
9:30pm - back on stage for Overall Finals
9:35pm - dressed and back out into the audience in a flash!
10:30pm - ordered my Korean food and was waiting for my order to come up while sitting, laughing, talking to my friends/family and reflecting on my day and accomplishment

5 comments:

Claudine said...

Comp days are always extremely long... And if its a big show, the judging takes for ever! arrg!

How are you feeling today? "Back to normal life" ... ? :)

Miss Michelle said...

again, way to go. Would you do anther one? I guess that's like asking if you're going to have another baby 2 days after your first born. LOL... I hope you post more pics - you look totally stunning! How old are you if you dont mind me asking? Will you continue your blog now post show? Sorry for all of the questions! :)

Erin said...

Claudine, yes...too long if you ask me! I'm kind of back to normal. I have this week off of work so I slept in today and ate a "back on plan" breakfast! But yes, back to "normal life" is good.

Michelle, thanks again! Right now I would not do another one. I may later. I am 43 and no, I don't mind you asking. Yes, I will definitely continue my blog and actually am going to start a new one and link to this one. My main reason is to be accountable in my "maintenance" journey!!! Thanks again for your comments!

Miss Michelle said...

I'm sorry, but lying is not a very nice quality Erin. Do you really think I believe you are 43 :))) AMAZING! My guess was that you were my age (35!) :))

I look forward to your continued blogging - have a great day and congrats again. What a wonderful thing you have accomplished. How many people in this world can say they have competed!

Michelle

Erin said...

Awww...Michelle...how SWEET you are! Yes, I really am 43 and will be 44 in about 3 weeks or so!! I can't believe it myself and that's what made my journey even more amazing to ME! I thought I couldn't do it at this age but I certainly can and did!