Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday...cooling down...

Well, that is until I get to Vegas on Friday where it's supposed to be a lovely 100 degrees! Please! Ugh! I am so NOT a hot weather person - warm, yes...hot, no!!

What I have decided about HIIT. Well, I love it. I really do. It's quick and it gets the job done. However I know it's an incredible load on your CNS so I only do it 3 times a week max. But, MAN oh MAN does it rev up your metabolism? Yesterday I think I could have eaten a cow with a side of a vegetable farm!! It was crazy how hungry I was.

Meal 1) 1/2 cup oatmeal mixed with 6 oz Greek yogurt, 3/4 scoop protein powder, 2 T walnuts
2) Zucchini loaf
3) 1/2 cup millet & 4 oz chicken
4) Turkey Burrito on spelt tortilla - 4 oz turkey taco meat, 1/4 cup shredded Almond jalapeno cheese, Mexican style tomatoes, romaine, roasted hot peppers - SOOO GOOD!
5) Rice cake w/ 1 T peanut butter
6) Spaghetti squash with tuna and almonds on the side - yes, this was a weird meal even for me!!!
7) Protein shake with 1/4 cup oatmeal
8) Egg white pancake with kimchee

Trader Joe's Spelt Tortillas - Shall we talk about these a little? I love, love, love flour tortillas and these come really close. Yes, they're probably not the best thing for me but they're better than regular flour tortillas. And sometimes you have just got to eat something you've been craving and I've been CRAVING those tortillas! I LOVE that I can eat what I'm really craving now. THAT, my dear friends, is what life is ALL about!

So, yes, EIGHT meals and finally I was full. I don't know what the heck happened there but wow! I was super hungry yesterday. Today I feel a little bit back to normal. Curious to see what another HIIT workout brings. Yesterday I did only 15 minutes on the treadmill at 4.6 and 10% incline and then I did a back workout that was good, felt good. I was training a "client" and she did AWESOME! She really listens well and is highly motivated to learn so she's going to do great. It's fun to share my knowledge with others. Loved it!


“Time is swift, it races by; Opportunities are born and die... Still you wait and will not try - A bird with wings who dares not rise and fly.” ~A.A. Milne

4 comments:

Miss Michelle said...

Hi :) I love your blog. Question for you , on average, how many calories are you eating?

Erin said...

Hi Michelle! So glad you love my blog. I do too!!! :-)

I'm not a calorie counter so to be honest I have NOOO idea how many calories I eat! Sorry, I'm no help at all.

Miss Michelle said...

no worries...and i love that incline on the treadmill too! It's still VERy hot here in phx - 107 today - I am sick of it already!

Erin said...

Oh yuck! 107! That sounds terrible. I don't know how you handle that kind of heat!