Monday, September 13, 2010

My food from the competition till now...

As I wrote previously I had Korean food right after my show that included Kalbi (barbecued beef ribs), white rice, kimchee, salad, Chap Chae (Korean glass noodle dish with beef, peppers, onions, spinach). Then I came home and to ward off any stomach issues I threw down some 7up (about 16 oz) and about 8 Gin Gin Boost candies. And about a quart of water.

Love these for warding off gastric distress!

I woke up around 7am (even though I didn't go to sleep until 1:30am!) and was starving so I had this:

1 egg & 2 egg whites, black plum, 2 slices Julian bread with NuttZo and raspberry jam
I headed back to bed after I did my morning blog. Then I woke up and got ready for brunch with friends and family at The Cheesecake Factory where I ordered the Baja Chicken Hash which came with hash browns (the shredded kind - YUM)! I also ate 2 pieces of white bread and 1 piece of brown bread, all with BUTTER!! I also had about 10 fries or so - SOOOOO delicious!! And then followed all of that up with some cheesecake ordered by the table that included Red Velvet, Dulce de Leche, Vanilla Bean, Snickers, and Tuxedo. Definitely the Snickers was my favorite!!

Baja Chicken Hash - chicken, chicken sausage, 2 fried tortillas, 2 eggs and hollandaise sauce

Cheesecake CARNAGE!!!
Then I came home and lounged comfortably in my food coma!! LOL!

Then I had some (maybe 15-20) Emerald Cocoa Almonds, more Gin Gin Boost candies (about 10-15) and about a gallon and a half of water.

When I finally got around to dinner it was about 7:30 or 8:00pm. I listened to my body and guess what it wanted?!? TILAPIA!!!!! Are you joking? NO! I'm not! So this was my dinner:

Tilapia seasoned with 21-seasoning salute, garlic & onion powder, chopped veggies (1 yellow pepper, 2 Persian cucumbers, about 8 cherry tomatoes)
I know! I couldn't believe it either but it tasted really good and the vegetables were fantastic! Then at about 10:30 or 11:00 (yes, I was still up) I ate a Chocolate Protein Cake and spread some almond butter on it.

Chocolate Protein Cake with Almond Butter
It was super delicious too! Then it was off to bed!

This morning I got up and started my morning off right. I had 5 egg whites and 1/4 cup oatmeal. A couple of hours later I had 3 spelt protein waffles with about a tablespoon of almond butter. Tasty meals!

Most recently I had a QuestBar Vanilla Almond Crunch. Oh yes, it was very tasty too! That wasn't really on my plan but I really wanted to try that flavor. So far I've had about a half gallon of water. I'm getting ready to head out for a bit of inline skating!!! Can't wait! Until later. I'll keep you updated as to what else I'm eating today but I think it's going to be some things like salmon and salad and I have to get to the store for more eggs and NuttZo!!! Yes, I'm out!! Wha-what?!? I know. I'm a crazy nut!!!!

Also my weight a few days before my comp was 128 1/2 and then on my comp day was 124 and then yesterday was 127 and today was 130. I'll let you know where that ends up settling. Woohoo! I'm off!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Is there a recipe for your protein cake somewhere on your blog ... looks good!

Erin said...

Hi Julia! Yes, I just made it into a link to that recipe. It's delicious from Foods of April's blog! Try it! One hint though is that I've tried several protein powders and the only one that has worked for me for this cake is Muscle Gauge Nutrition. Hope you try it and enjoy it!

Julia said...

Thanks, looks like a breeze to prepare, so will have to give it a go!