Wednesday, September 8, 2010

3 DAYS!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Geez! Really? 3 days? That's it? Wow! It seems like it went by so fast!! Well, I remember a few days when it didn't seem like that but for the most part, yes, it definitely seems to have flown by!!

I had my 30 minutes of treadmill this morning. Later today I have my final training session and 30 more minutes cardio. Then tomorrow just a low-key/light cardio for 45 minutes and I am DONE!

I've eaten my first meal already. My meals today will be almost identical to yesterday's. Tomorrow I will be cutting salt out. Hmmm...3 days without salt. Now this is funny because I don't use much salt at all. I don't use table salt - no, we're not friends. But sea salt I like and use every once in a while but in very limited amounts. I do like my salt on my egg whites though. But I only eat egg whites tomorrow morning and then those are gone anyway so no problem. The other food will be with herbs and spices so I'm good with that. I am not one to remove salt from my diet entirely. I think like anything else moderation is key. Salt enhances the flavor of many, many foods. Yes, your food can still taste good without it but some foods just need salt to bring out the flavor more. I'll post a little article/note on that soon!

So, how am I feeling with only 3 days left? Hmmm...let me think...HUNGRY!! I wake up hungry, I'm hungry after I workout, hungry all day long actually. I guess my metabolism really has kicked in, huh? I'm also excited, curious, happy, proud, content! I've really pushed myself through this whole process and it's paid off. No, the results weren't immediate and that's definitely something to store in my memory bank. And the results were more obvious to me than others for MONTHS. On any given day I've lost somewhere between 35 and 40 pounds. The funny thing is that anyone that asks me how much I've lost and I tell them says that I didn't have that to lose. I think the same thing. I would like to gain back about 5-10 pounds though. I think that's where I feel good about myself. I have a body that can hide a lot of weight fluctuation without people really noticing. That's partly why I'm excited to post before and after and progress photos. I can feel the change more than anything. And it's probably more of the mental than the physical change that I feel. And that, my dear friends, is worth its weight in gold. The mental growth, the incredible increase in my self-esteem, the knowledge that I absolutely CAN do anything I put my mind to, the satisfaction of a job well done, the dedication, the motivation, the knowledge. Yes, hard to encapsulate but I will do my best to lay it all out after my comp. What I've learned and how I've grown. It's been FANTASTIC!!!

I'm off to get some things done and probably take a nap or two today!! I'll keep you posted!! And photos...SOON!!!

Ahhhh...the NINETIES were AWESOME!!!!!


LOVE this song!


CLASSIC!!

Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit. ~Napolean Hill

2 comments:

Kari Keenan said...

Contest prep is most definitely a journey of learning about yourself and realizing you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Congrats on your journey thus far and best of luck this weekend!!

Erin said...

Yes, Kari, couldn't agree more! Thanks for the good wishes for the weekend!