Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday already!

I went to sleep a little too late last night. Tonight I'm getting to bed early...PROMISE! I'm telling myself 9 so I'll be in bed by 10!!! Yes, I actually CAN trick my mind! LOL!

My meals are pretty good today:
1) 5 egg whites with salsa - ooh, so good! and 1/4 cup oatmeal
2) Zucchini loaf
3) 1/3 cup oatmeal and 4 oz tilapia mixed together with Parmesan Garlic Gold and some Bac'Uns with a side of seaweed - VERY odd I'm sure but incredibly tasty actually and very satisfying!
4) Erin's Cranberry Orange Cereal Bar and some yogurt on the side for some extra protein
That's it for now...

The cereal bars are spawned from the lean cereal bar recipe that is in Oxygen magazine. I did a lot of substituting though and they are really good...perhaps too good and should be kept out of my house!! LOL!!! Really, they're that good! And the breakdown isn't too bad. I think you could actually add more protein powder to pump up the protein. The way they made it in Oxygen, they came up with per serving: 200 calories, 7 g fat, 19 g carbs, 15 g protein. The way I made it came up with per serving: 177 calories, 9 g fat, 19 g carbs, 9 g protein. The only problem is they are a little too sweet for me so I would cut down the honey and/or agave next time.

I have a few more meals and some more organizing to do. Let me just say though that I'm really, really glad I took this week off of work to just get back into the swing of things and to completely unwind!! It's been great! And I couldn't ask for better weather! Low 70's and sunny!! FANTASTIC!!

No comments: