Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday...just keepin' it real!

Yesterday was a pretty good day for food and workout. I did my same workout as last week, Back and Plyo Legs, and then followed it up with 15 minutes of speed intervals on the stepmill - level 15 (unfortunately the stepmill that has the "speed training" is broken).

My meals today:
1) 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal
2) 1 cup kamut flakes with chocolate protein almond milk, 5 walnut halves, 1 small apple
3) Erin's Cranberry Orange Cereal Bar & 1/3 cup Voskos yogurt
4) Shrimp with spaghetti squash and more kochujung, dessert of Cinnamon Raisin MOCHI!!! Yes, dangerous!
5) Creamy chicken salad with grapes on celery sticks
6) Now this is where things went haywire - um...let's see I had one little Chocolove Cherry & Almond in Dark Chocolate ...then it was on to finishing off the mochi from earlier...from there I needed protein, right? So what do you think came next? Yep! CEREAL BAR!!! Oh, no, don't stop me now I'm on a roll...next came me making a cake for my boss's birthday which meant frosting and cake batter (just to clarify - REAL CAKE BATTER!!!) ...well, I'm no fool and I know when I should be licking the beaters, spatula and bowl (for those of you that don't know when that should happen - anytime you bake a cake, boxed or otherwise, in your own kitchen!!!)...then when the cakes cooled it was slicing off the tops to make them flat for stacking and frosting so why not eat those too?!? What? I have leftover frosting! Better put those on the sliced off tops!!! OH LORD!!! Somebody try to STOP this speeding bullet!!!!!! But then I was finished. Nothing left to eat but crumbs. I know, I know, you want to know if I ate the crumbs that were left from the slicing off of the tops? What's your best guess? Hmmmm? Okay...NO! I actually was a little tired of the whole cake thing by then. Isn't it pretty?

Happy Birthday Boss Man!!


Shall we assess how my food was today? Let's...OH LET'S!!!!! Well, I would call today a BINGE!!!! Ha ha ha!!! No, really, it was. But it's so funny to me how I'm not ashamed of that and I know I'll be right back on track tomorrow. No doubt!! Yes, I got out of control and could see no end in sight. Now see the funny thing is that I actually am riding the Crimson Wave and when that happens my appetite is usually suppressed. Was that the case today? Uh...NO!!!! A resounding NO!!! Absolutely NOT!! NOPE!!! And at least I helped out my readers by outlining what a TRUE BINGE should look like!!!! Feel free to thank me later!

Speaking of the ol' Crimson Wave, this article I had printed a while ago resurfaced during my "home organization week" last week. I find it INCREDIBLY interesting and would love to hear any of your opinions on this. Here is the link: http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/menstrual_cycle_pms/features/33 If you're a man you might not be that interested in this unless you're a trainer then you SHOULD be! LOL! I find the article fascinating and the information is unusual and confirms some suspicions that I have had myself about training and eating during my menstrual cycle. I'm going to try to adhere to the advice in the article and see how I feel. I'll keep you posted!

Well, tomorrow is another day so I better prepare myself for that. It's going to be off to the gym in the early AM! I have GOT to do some fasted cardio tomorrow morning. There's just no other answer to today's binge! Honestly it was fun while it lasted and it tasted delicious!!!! No regrets, right?!? The ONLY way to live!

No comments: