So after my excellent meal Saturday midday I knew I better work out so I headed to the track with my BF/coach/workout patner! It was such a pretty, sunny day but the track is closer to the shore and by the time we got there the marine layer had crept in so it wasn't sunny but I was still warm enough doing this workout. This is how it went down!
Warm up was just a simple jog around the track. Then it was on to the bleachers.
Run up, jog across
Run down, jog across
Run up 2 at a time, jog across
Run down, jog across
Repeat all one more time
Lunge/step up going up
Lunge backward going down
Jump up 2 steps at a time
Down sideways, right leg lead
Lunge up 2 steps, hop one more step on same leg then switch legs (challenging!)
Down sideways, left leg lead
Down to the track and did all these for about 25-30 yards:
Run one way, jog back
Lunges & Run back
Side Squats switching sides halfway through and staying low & Run back
High knees & grapevine back
Skip (with height) & grapevine back
Step squats with medicine ball - step sideways then step sideways again and squat, then repeat
Jump up/Squat touch the ground - jump as high as possible then squat to touch the ground and repeat moving forward (these were RIDICULOUSLY hard. I couldn't got the whole 25 yards!) & jog/walk back
Side shuffle and tossing med ball to each other down and back
Jumping Lunge Squat Combo (all turning to right)
1) Lunge left foot forward
2) Jump to squat facing sideways
3) Jump to lunge right foot forward
4) Jump to squat facing sideways
Double Jumping Lunge Squat Combo - same as above but double jump each lunge and squat
All told I think this workout took about 40 minutes and it was awesome! It was hard yet fun and stimulating! GREAT workout!! Hope you'll try it and like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment