Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday - Leg Day and a Great Food Day!

So, what keeps you awake at night? Is it wondering how you should make your oatmeal the next morning? I'm sure it is! It must be the reason for most people's insomnia! Well, last night I was wired for some reason and definitely not going to sleep early so I just kept thinking of a way to make a savory oatmeal dish. Thanks to Cameron Diaz being on Oprah talking about her savory oatmeal, it got me thinking. I posted the recipe and have to say that it is incredibly tasty and quite reminiscent of risotto - almost tastes cheesy in a way due to the texture I believe. May sound weird to some but knock it until you've tried it!

The snooze button is SOOOOO under attack again today! Poor thing! I think it was another 4 time snoozer morning! No late night for me tonight. As soon as I'm done here it's final meal and bed definitely no later than 9:30!! Tomorrow is a big day, Friday and all! I better be ready to end my week with a bang!

Workouts today were really great! I got my stepmill early and did 30 minutes there at level 9 and then 10 minutes treadmill on 4.6 @ 15% incline. After work it was back to the gym for legs - GREAT leg workout! Felt very strong and really enjoyed it today. Then it was back on the stepmill again for 18 minutes at level 9 and 12 minutes at level 10 and then 10 more minutes on the treadmill on 4.6 @ 15% incline. I did a little quicker stretch and got home and made my meal.

Meals as I said were really tasty today:
1) Oatmeal "Risotto" and egg whites
2) Spelt flakes and "protein powder milk" - YUMMY! I miss my spelt flakes
3) Oatmeal "Risotto" again with olive oil in it and Spicy Shrimp - this was VERY tasty!
4) Lem-O-Barbatcha Shake and Spelt Flakes
5) Fish and brown rice with homemade tomatillo salsa (thank again Iris!) and cucumbers, red peppers and jicama on the side
6) Egg whites and oatmeal
7) Protein pancakes - I think I feel one more new recipe coming on but I'll keep you posted on this one!!

I'm so delighted today. I just feel "high" as could be about my journey. Sometimes it's just almost too much excitement for me as witnessed by my non-sleep last night!! I definitely have a FIRE within me and I have to say that this is the first time in my life that I truly feel ALIVE!!!!! It's amazing! And the support from everyone I know has just been phenomenal! Really, really incredible. I couldn't be happier with this journey, my growth, this experience and my life! It's AWESOME!!

 

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman (American Theologian, Clergyman and Activist. 1900-1981)

 

 

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love leg day too! And i am a constant snoozer too! I hate that! Im trying to get up early too..to get my cardio in...its so hard!!!

You have a great attitude and its contageous! Keep it up!!!

Erin said...

Thanks Angela! So glad my attitude is contagious! I see you're doing well with your new plan too. So glad to hear it. It sounds like you're on track this time around for sure!

I'm not usually a snoozer really! I have my alarm set for only one snooze. But the past 2 days it was snooze 4 times without even realizing it!!! But I'm happy to report that today I was up before my alarm!

So, FANTASTIC FRIDAY to you and hope you have a great weekend!