Ribbon Salad with Roasted Garlic Basil Vinaigrette
![]() |
| Ribbon Salad with Roasted Garlic Basil Vinaigrette |
Salad:
1 very large yellow squash
2 roma tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
2 large zucchinis
2 Persian cucumbers
1 medium Mexican gray squash
1/8 - 1/4 cup basil leaves sliced or cut with scissors
Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup roasted garlic
1-2 t chopped garlic
1/4 cup purple basil
sea salt and pepper to taste
For salad: With vegetable peeler, peel ribbons off of all the vegetables. On the squash and cucumbers when you get to the seeds stop and turn about a quarter turn and repeat. For the tomatoes, do this to the outermost layer and then remove seeds and julienne the rest of the tomato.
Dressing:
Blend all ingredients together in blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over salad and toss. Place in fridge for 3-6 hours to meld flavors. I had this with my "smoked" tilapia and it was surprisingly great! I loved it actually! Don't you just love it when something turns out even better than you planned?
I chopped up the remainders of the squash and roasted them with some chopped onion and jalapeno. I think I'm going to puree it and have as soup or a "sauce/ragout" of sorts. Hmmm...still deciding.

No comments:
Post a Comment