Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Tuesday and we're rolling!! Let's keep this party going!

Hi there! Good morning! Thanks to all of you that have commented for the NuttZo giveaway! I'm going to have another giveaway next week as well and I'm working on others. My little gift to you, my friendly family of readers!

*DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A JAR OF FREE NUTTZO!!*

So how did our day play out yesterday? Mine was awesome - awesome food, awesome workouts, awesome attitude! Some days are just like that and so I soak them up because those are the BEST days! And the easiest. Today is more of the same though. I feel like a million bucks - COLD HARD CASH!!!!! LOL!!

Seriously, who would have thought I would be feeling this great less than 5 weeks out from my show? I, for one, didn't. The internet confuses you so much sometimes and all I read about is how cranky girls get, short-tempered, cry at the drop of a hat! All I can say is that they must not have Gina for their coach. Man! I'm in GOOD hands for sure!!! I only get a little cranky sometimes when my food isn't around but that happens very, very rarely. As for my mental state generally speaking, I feel fantastic! Just to be hitting my goals every week, day, hour and minute! It's such a boost! I can't even tell you.

So, yesterday's meals were like this:
1) 6 egg whites topped with Garlic Gold Parmesan & bruschetta topping, side of oatmeal with a small amount of rhubarb (had to ration out since I only had a little left)
2) Zucchini loaf
3) Chicken SANDWICH - on Julian bread with cucumbers, tomato, lettuce and mustard!! Delish! Served with a side of "chips" - sliced jicama with lime juice and salt AND toasted seaweed
4) Kabocha protein waffle - recipe to be posted later today or tomorrow...just you wait!
5) Thai Chicken Basil 
6) Chicken noodle soup w/ kimchee - I had baked my chicken breasts in low sodium chicken broth with garlic, chopped onions, and chopped celery so I used that as my broth and added a little veggie broth and some kelp noodles, low sodium soy sauce, chili garlic sauce - turned out to be a mighty tasty soup indeed! And spicy! Oh, yes, VERY spicy!
7) Kabocha egg white pancake! - kind of reminiscent of bread pudding? In a way anyway!

More on kabocha later. LOVE that squash. I've read a lot about it but hadn't seen it until the other day at the Asian market.

I got up this morning and did my 40 minutes on the treadmill varying speed between 4.4 and 4.7 and incline between 12 and 15%. It was pretty good. Had a very nice, relaxing stretch and then headed home.

Meals today are all the same as yesterday I think. Meal 6 may have a little switch up and I'll tell you about that depending on how it turns out! I know, I know...you just can't WAIT to find out! Oh, and meal 7 might be different too! I'll let you know!


"The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
 

2 comments:

Nikee said...

SERIOUSLY! I cant imagine being on a program thats not structured like Gina's. It would be 15 weeks of tourture, not to mention I would cheat every other day.

So glad to hear you are on top of the world today! less than 5 weeks to go!!!!

Erin said...

I couldn't agree more Nikee! So true! The constant changes and acceptance of your "personal" requests are what makes it not only doable but simple/easy!

Woohoo! Less than 5 weeks! CRAZY!!!!!