Mushroom, Zucchini and Tomato Oatmeal "Risotto"
1 shallot, finely minced
2-4 cloves garlic
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup water
Basil - fresh if you have it
Oregano - fresh if you have it
5 mushrooms, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
Optional: Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets and/or 2 T olive oil
Saute shallot and garlic in pan sprayed with cooking spray over med high heat. Add oats and let them toast a little. Add stock, water, basil and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or to desired consistency.
In a separate sprayed skillet, saute mushrooms, zucchini and tomatoes seasoned with some garlic powder until desired texture. For me that's still a little crunchy on the zucchini.
I ate this for breakfast (no oil) with egg whites and it was all right but then I had it with my spicy shrimp and oil for Meal 3 and it was CRAZY good! I think it's better after it's been sitting for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment