I've done this before but I encourage ALL of you to really think about your life and take huge risks. Set big goals and reach them. Even if I don't step on stage at this point, just what I've done for myself up to this point has been unbelievable. I truly didn't think last year that I would look and feel like I do today! Yes, I'm a little tired sometimes but my body feels soooo good. I feel very healthy - few aches if any, increased energy (do you know that I don't even get a mid-afternoon crash AT ALL?), smoother skin, and happier glow in general! Could I ask for more? I think not.
And the question continues to come about if I will continue my workouts and eating as I have been doing. That is a definitive NO! However, I will be doing weights 3-4 times a week (right now it's 5) and cardio 3-4 times a week as well (right now it's 14 - 2 a day). Anything else above and beyond that that I would like to do I'll do as well. The great thing here is that I can do any activity I want because ALL my energy won't be going into my workouts everyday and every spare second of every day. I will be able to get back to enjoying other activities that I have definitely missed like inline skating, hiking, Indo-Row, dancing, yoga, aerobics, etc.
My food will be fairly similar to what it is now. I'm still going to eat clean but I will allow myself a refuel meal once a week. The problem for me with food is that I'm going to have to take control of my mind so it doesn't explode with ideas for new recipes. But the beautiful thing about that is I won't get bored and I have a constant challenge to make any recipe healthier while still keeping it intriguing and exciting. Will I go out to eat more? OH YES I WILL!!! Having cooked all my own meals for the past 14 weeks (686 of 'em!!!) with only ONE refuel in all that time has been a little challenging. And there's a social component to going out to eat where you can just sit, relax and talk with your friends. THAT I definitely miss and REALLY look forward to. And as good a cook as I am, there are some cuisines that I can't seem to duplicate...YET!!!
I know not everyone is as strict in their preps as I have been. I basically have followed it to a T. Maybe missed a couple of workouts and maybe ate a couple of things I shouldn't have but I was very strict with myself. It will be nice to loosen up again and just go with the flow. Yes, I'll be prepared and yes, I'll still eat right and workout enough but I don't have to be so strict and won't just be mad at myself if I miss a workout or workout less or eat a little more or less. It will all be okay. I know in general I'll be fine.
As I think I stated in a previous post, I will definitely be working on a mealplan AND workout plan for the first 3 weeks following the competition as well as my, what I like to call, healthy living plan. I will be sticking to this plan but I will definitely have flexibility and I can still go out to eat and have friends over for meals. It will be great. Yep, definitely looking forward to that!
No, I'm sure I won't eat the way I did but am I going to have french fries on occasion? DAMN straight!!!!! I know they may not be good for me but they are far and away my absolute FAVORITE food. And the beauty of having a plan is that you have that flexibility to have a favorite here and there. How often would depend on each person as we are all different. I would say for me that if I get my fries every month or 2, then I'm good.
So with fries in mind I set out to complete this goal as I work on my plan for even bigger goals following the competition. Just wanted to share a little bit about this journey with all of you and hope you enjoyed it. Yum....those fries are making me excited for September 12th! I think I'll deem that Erin's Fry Day!! After all I missed National French Fries Day on July 13th. So wherever you live, step up to the counter or sit down at a table and order some fries and indulge with me!
So onto planning. I will post my plan here so I will be majorly accountable!! Plan, plan, plan!! Another great thing I've learned through this journey. I could go on and on but I must get ready for my next meal!!
Love these two proverbs!
“Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part”
“A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow”

No comments:
Post a Comment