Monday, August 30, 2010

Contest Prep Secret Weapon #1 - GUM!!

Let's talk gum, shall we? Okay, I have NEVER really liked fruit flavored gum but...I have had very little fruit during my prep so now I'm all over fruit flavored gum. Yes, I've become a FRUIT GUM WHORE!! LOL!! Luckily it is a time when fruit flavored gum is popular and gum makers are doing a fine job of coming up with all kinds of flavors. Believe me...I've tasted almost all of them!!

Well, I have a nice picture of my work desk drawer but for some reason it's not loading. Maybe later it will. At any given moment I have 1-2 packs in my purse, 2-3 packs in my workout bag, and 5-6 packs in my desk drawer!!! I've NEVER chewed this much gum in my life! But it has been ONE of my saviors in this journey.

Flavors in my desk:
1) Mentos Red Fruit Lime - great flavor but the flavor is gone FAST
2) 5 Elixir - berry flavor
3) 5 React - "a unique fruit flavor experience" - actually an accurate description
4) Extra Polar Ice - yes, I know this is NOT a fruit flavor
5) Orbit Sweetmint - ditto above
6) Stride Mystery Flavor - somewhat of a pomegranate/rhubarb flavor - yummy

Flavors in my car:
1) Orbit Tropical Remix - yummy
2) Orbit Pure Peach - so peachy tasting, brand new in my car as of yesterday
3) Trident Wild Blueberry Twist - BLUEBERRY!! Need I say more? I will...AND pomegranate!

Flavors in my workout bag:
1) Extra Sweet Tropical - my ABSOLUTE favorite!
2) Extra Wintergreen
3) Extra Sweet Watermelon

So the one thing I just learned is that most of the "brands" I like are made by Wrigley - Orbit, 5, and Extra are all made by Wrigley! Did you know that?!? Crazy!

This is a list of all the gums I have tried during my prep:
Extra
Sweet Watermelon Fruit Sensations
Sweet Tropical Fruit Sensations
Polar Ice
Orbit
Tropical Remix
Lime Melon
Citrus Mint
Sweetmint
Spearmint
Berry Red - wouldn't you think this has more of a berry flavor? It does NOT. Tastes like Strawberry Banana, not BERRY - bad naming Wrigley!! :-)
Trident
Strawberry Citrus Layers
Green Apple Pineapple Layers
Tropical Twist
Wild Blueberry Twist
Watermelon Twist
Passionberry Twist
Dentyne
Fire

So if you need some gum guidance, I am just the person you want to talk to! That was a fun walk down gum memory lane! Hope you all enjoyed. I know it was a random post but it was fun for me!

No comments: