Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Woohoo Wednesday!

Just a quick note to say that I'm in SUCH a much, much better place this week thank last week. WOW!! It's crazy to me what your body is capable of AT ANY AGE!! One doubt I had in my mind before I started my contest prep was if my body could handle it since I'm "older". I'm finding out that it definitely can! Yes, it would have been easier if I had done this at a younger age, just due to the fact that I had more energy and I needed less sleep. I'm not talking about the prep but in general. I really didn't sleep much until maybe 4 or 5 years ago. That's when I started needing more sleep. So yes, it may be more challenging, but would I have had the discipline when I was younger? Hmmm...I seriously doubt it!! I was too busy clubbing 5 nights a week!! That was fun for sure though and I was in great shape at the time with FANTASTIC gams!! LOL!! Oh, those were the days...memories...like the corners of my mind...HA HA HA!!!!!

One thing I have learned about myself through this process is my body does really well with beef. Go figure!! I never knew that. I knew I liked it but I didn't realize that my body liked it as well. So from here on out we will continue with our little red meat love affair. Ooh, the possibilities! Yep, that means for you, my lucky readers, that there will be recipes born of my newfound health helper!! Of course if beef doesn't rock your boat you will be able to substitute with something that will. Don't worry, I've got you covered!

I'm just heading into Meal 2 right now so I'll catch up with you later! Just wanted to say hi and GOOD MORNING!!! Today throw out a little WOOHOO and celebrate because it's Wednesday!!! Enjoy!!

No comments: