Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kabocha Protein Waffles

Kabocha...my new best friend...well, right after rhubarb I suppose! I baked up my kabocha the other night - another Asian market find. Just cut in half and remove seeds and then cut in cubes. Place in roasting pan and bake at 425 degrees for 20-40 minutes. The longer it cooks the sweeter it gets. Thanks to Alyson over at Nourished Fitness for always promoting her love of kabocha or I may not have ever tried it.


Kabocha Oat Protein Waffles


1/2 cup baked kabocha
1 scoop protein powder
3 egg whites
1/2 t baking powder
1 t vanilla
1/2 - 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup oat flour

Blend all together in blender or food processor. Check sweetness and if not sweet enough add stevia or sugar substitute of choice.  Pour in preheated and sprayed waffle iron. Remove when cooked through. Optional: Spray with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray or spread nut butter on top and/or sugar free pancake syrup. However you want it...it's yours! Make it your own! LOL!

Makes 1 serving

No comments: