Sunday, August 29, 2010

Roasted Squash Guts Soup with Tilapia

Roasted Squash Guts Soup with Tilapia

For the puree:
2-3 cups guts of squash (leftover from Ribbon Salad), chopped
1 onion, chopped
6-10 garlic cloves
1-2 jalapeno, chopped

Place all in foil-lined roasting pan. Roast at 350 degrees till brown and fragrant, stirring occasionally. When cool, blend to form puree and add water as needed. Keep in fridge till ready to use. 

For soup:
1/2 cup squash puree
1/4 cup low sodium veggie stock
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
1 T olive oil
5 oz broiled tilapia (I seasoned it with onion powder, garlic powder, 21 seasoning salute)

Mix first 3 ingredients in bowl and microwave till warm/hot. Flake tilapia with fork and put in soup. Drizzle olive oil over and stir in as desired. DELISH and super easy! And, yes, if I knew I was going to like it so much and post it I would have taken a photo but alas, I did not!!

No comments: