Thursday, August 19, 2010

Quick Update

This week is flying by! Woah! Slow down and wait for me. It seems this week like every minute of every day is full and busting at the seams. Geez!!!! I don't even know why. I didn't even get around to posting anything yesterday or today until now!!! Like I said......GEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!

I can't lie. I'm started to feel the depletion that is happening. It's not that Gina has even changed up my diet that much but I only get carbs for my first 3 meals and then 4 more meals without so it's tough. Today was a high carb day but honestly that didn't even seem to help. I think maybe I need more sleep but I keep getting a pretty good amount but hey, maybe I still need more. I'm going to try to sleep even earlier tonight and see what happens tomorrow. I don't know if I'll make it to bed earlier though.

I had every intention of chopping up my kabocha and showing you all how I do it but guess what? Yep! Camera is out of battery! So I"m cooking it and smelling how yummy it smells and wishing you all could have smellovision. I'm going to make a post about that squash this weekend so you will all know what I'm talking about and hopefully find it and experiment with it yourselves. It's such a great substitute for sweet things. I LOVE it.

My cardio is up to two 45-minute sessions a day 7 days a week. Did I mention I'm 43?!? I think my coach may have forgotten that!!!! Man! This would have been soooooo much easier 10 or 15 years ago. Let me tell you!! Honestly it's not that hard but I have struggled a lot through my cardio this week. Today was slightly better and last night too. Maybe just because I only had cardio last night and no weights. Who knows? I live for the day that I get to go inline skating again! I miss skating like nobody's business! Oh, just to be outside - risking life and limb to stay up on those wobbly bad boys!! LOL! Kidding, of course. I have taken enough spills though that now I wear a helmet and knee pads. I'm sure the elbow pads and wrist guards are next. I'm sure I look a little dorky but the scars on my knees are really not very pretty, ya know!

On to the food for today:
Meal 1) Strawberry rhubarb protein shake!!! - this was WAY too good and made a huge serving (I'm talking 2 12 oz glasses), side of oatmeal
2) Egg whites and oatmeal, side of kimchee
3) Brown and wild rice (mixed together), broiled tilapia
4) Egg whites and brown rice with salsa
5) Same as 3 but less rice and added spaghetti squash with roasted veggie puree (leftover from Ribbon Salad)
6) Egg whites in the car/on the go and then came home and stuck my head in my huge Tupperware of salad...nope, no dressing, just ate all the chopped veggies...still am actually!
7) Protein cake or pancake...hmm...haven't decided yet

I had a great leg workout today. Gina switched up my leg workout last week and I'm LOVING it! I love working legs anyway. They're just fun! Oh, yes, that reminds me. Apparently my back is the thing that is changing the most. Wouldn't you know it? Because, of course, I can't view my own back can I? So I can't really admire my handiwork, right? LOL! So the other day I was working my back and I had on a top that shows more of my back than some other tops I wear. Well, this guy kept walking around me a few times. I guess he was waiting for me to take a rest. When I did, he said, "Your back is AWESOME!". I was flattered. It was nice to hear.

This was supposed to be a quick pose. I noticed though that I start relaxing when I blog so I must BLOG away!!! I really need to get to bed. Hope you all had a good Thursday and let's bring on Friday with high energy and a great big happy smile. Tomorrow, try smiling before you even step foot out of bed. It's crazy how well that works at putting you in the right frame of mind to begin with. Goodnight!!!

Coming this weekend:
1) More on kabocha including a recipe or two
2) Probiotics and how to get them
3) Couple of cooking tips/tricks

3 comments:

Angela said...

No i didn't know you were 43!!! That is awesome!!!

If you like salsa and you have a trader joe's near you i just bought Habinero and lime salsa...its soo good...i dipped my chicken in it last night :)

Claudine said...

43... It's the new 27 ;)
Have a great week-end! xxx

Erin said...

You girls are too cute. Angela, not only am I a salsa girl but I'm a spicy, spicy girl! The spicier the better so this is right up my alley. I'll have to pick some up. I usually make my own salsa just because I'm more in control of the salt but sometimes I give myself a break and buy it.

Claudine - you're only as old as you feel, right? So I think my age this week is about 53!! LOL! But soon I will be 27 again!