Well, somebody (I think it's me!) got in a good amount of rest yesterday and I hit the ground running this morning. I felt like I had coffee and I hadn't! Yeah! I love it when I feel this awesome on a Monday morning! It's so important to get a break here and there. My plan to take a break yesterday really paid off. I rested and relaxed and explored a huge Asian market. Yes, it was heaven! I love Asian markets as long as the smells aren't bad. And this market, even though they sell durian and fish, smells just fine! So I bought a lot of fun things that are all things I can eat during my contest prep! Yeah! I'll post about my findings as I eat them up!
*DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A JAR OF FREE NUTTZO!!*
So onto the treadmill I went this morning. Why the treadmill, you ask? Since I have my choice between treadmill and stepmill? Well, because in my fine gym they believe that broken exercise equipment is the best kind to have!! LOL! Seriously, we only have 3 stepmills (used to be 4 back in January) and for the past 2 weeks 2 of them have been broken!! Oh well though. At least I have the option to hit the treadmill. So now my cardio routines have become more of a whatever is available kind of thing! So this morning, it was 16 minutes on Treadmill 1 at 15% and 4.6 and then I paused it to take a sip of water. And then it wouldn't work right. So then it was onto the next treadmill where I did 9 minutes at 15% and 4.6 until I noticed the stepmill opened. So from there I got over on the stepmill and finished up with 20 minutes - 12 minutes at level 10 and 8 minutes at level 12! I finished up with some good stretching and breathing and I was out the door.
So, my first 2 meals are down and we just have 5 to go! But lucky me I get to have Julian bread...yes, BREAD today for 1 of my meals!!!! I'm so excited I just might scream! I love, love, love bread so this is a real treat for me. For those of you that don't know about the Julian bread, here is their link:
Julian Bakery
Still loving this whole process and my journey. I love that it has been such a great growing experience. And I particularly love that I am inspiring others to better their lives! That is the biggest boost for me, to know that the steps I have taken and the challenges I have faced have motivated others to move into their dreams! So thank you very much to all of you that constantly support me and let me know that I have had a positive influence on your lives. It means the world to me!! Thank you, thank you!
So here we are into our second week of August. Treat yourself well today and this entire week and see what you have to show for it at the end of the week. See if your life is improving because you're treating yourself the way you deserve to be treated - with kindness, love, support, and laughter!! ENJOY!!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. ~George Washington Carver
3 comments:
I did a review on the Julian Bread awhile ago. It's SO good! Especially the cinnamon raisin. :)
I did a review on the Julian Bread awhile ago. It's SO good! Especially the cinnamon raisin. :)
I agree. Very tasty indeed!
Post a Comment