Saturday, July 24, 2010

Spicy Couscous Summer Salad

I made this last night and took it to the show with me to eat. It was really delicious. Nikee can vouch for me. I even let her taste some. Yes, I know, mighty kind of me!! ;-)




 
1 cucumber, diced
1 shallot, finely minced
1 tomato, finely diced
1 jalapeƱo or serrano peppers (to taste), seeded if desired and finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 
3/4 cup cooked brown rice couscous OR quinoa

Mix all together but the couscous. Season with sea salt if desired. Add couscous (or quinoa) and stir. Let it sit for at least an hour. Mine sat for a good 13 hours or so. I added broiled shrimp cut in small pieces. I didn't take a picture of that but I should have. DELISH!!!!!

Spicy Broiled Shrimp

1 pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
1-2 teaspoons paprika
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 cloves garlic, pressed
olive oil, optional

Mix paprika, cayenne and garlic together. If using olive oil add that and make a paste. Add shrimp and mix well. Broil for about 2 minutes per side. 

No comments: