Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello July! WELCOME!!

Can you believe it's July? So, halfway through the year...are you doing what you set out to do at the beginning of the year or a quarter of the way through it? Are you doing what you set out to do last week? Or even on Monday of THIS week? Time moves along pretty quickly so it's important to assess and reassess where you are and where you're going.

It's interesting to me how easy life is when it's all planned out for you or should I say when you plan it out for yourself. I've never been on such a regimented schedule in my life that I remember. Well, I guess the last time would have been when I was completing my college degree. I had laser light focus on my goal of finishing school. To be honest I just wanted to get out. But with that came my highest grades of my college years. I'm not dumb by any means but I didn't do well in school because I was bored and kind of unfocused. I didn't really know what I wanted to be but I knew I was supposed to go to school. Yes, I'm glad I went and very grateful that I was able to go. But in some respects I wish I had waited to find out what I wanted to do. Of course, that might have backfired as well since I know many people that thought they knew what they wanted to do only to complete school and really dislike their field. That was not the case for me so I suppose that's good. But for the first 3 years of college I had no idea what I wanted my major to even be. So in the last 4 quarters of school I think I completed as many hours as I did in the first 9 or so! Yes, focus and planning are KEY to life. That is what it is all about.

I've definitely learned through this journey that preparation is KEY!! I would not be able to stick to the plan like I have if I weren't constantly prepared. Yes, it means less of a social life for me but prepping many of my meals on Sunday makes the week so much easier. The more you can cook in advance the better. So having freezable meals is very important. If I cook pork tenderloin or even make meatloaf or my Thai Basil Chicken. Whatever it is I usually make big batches and then I have them to eat whenever. I freeze a lot of my cooked protein. The only thing I don't freeze is my cooked fish, just too weird texture for me once it's been frozen.

I'm off to a great start for this month. I've been on plan every day since I started except ONE!! Wow! I just thought about that. That means I've eaten to plan and completed all my workouts to plan for 37 out of 38 days. Well, that IS an accomplishment, isn't it? So proud of myself. Like I've said before I have always had a hard time setting goals and an even harder time reaching them. In this process I set a new goal each week and hit it! That's impressive to me. It just shows me how much I can accomplish if I really put my mind to something. I love this process for learning a lot about myself and those around me. It's been a great journey so far. I'm only 10 weeks and 1 day away now...WWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Today was my leg workout! That's one hard workout and I'm always wiped out after. I guess it's because your leg muscles are your biggest muscles and therefore using the most energy. But yes, always wiped out. I'm going to sign off here in a sec, make my chocolate protein cake which you must try if you haven't!!! and head to bed. Oh, and I need to drink some more water!! Oh, and I need to practice posing!!

Have a wonderful night and here comes the weekend...get excited...it's almost here!



Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives. ~Anthony Robbins 

No comments: