On to other things...WHAT IS UP WITH THE WEATHER?!? To be honest, I'm not complaining because any of you that know me know that I don't like it HOT...nope! I know it will eventually be but this dreary, gloomy, overcast, cool (only 60 degrees on my way to the gym), drizzling weather in JULY is just bizarre!!! And then what about the earthquake yesterday? Yes, I finally felt one of the gzillion earthquakes we've had recently. I don't know how long it lasted but it took me a long time to figure out it was an earthquake. My main clue was that I was dizzy reading my computer screen. My first thought was that I needed something to eat!!!! LOL!!! Too funny since I already eat 7 meals a day...I crack myself up!
Moving right along. Soon I will be posting progress pics. Still not quite ready for that. But I do have some stats for you...ah....lucky you! I used to wear around a size 12-14 as of late August 2009 and now early July 2010 (10 months later) apparently I wear a size 4!!! WHAT?!? I've NEVER worn a size 4. Crazy! I was shocked when I went to buy some pants...a NECESSITY and not a LUXURY! I have lost a total of 30 pounds or so but have managed to pretty much maintain the same amount of lean muscle mass through the entire weight loss so that basically means that all the weight I've lost is more or less fat. Yippee! That's good news to me. I don't have my measurements but I'll be posting those soon just so you can see. I think the most important thing is the way I feel - at peace for once in a long, long time!!! LONG time! I'm happier too, much happier. So, yes there are changes on the outside but WOW the changes on the inside are even more spectacular!! I'm grateful for this decision I made to do this each and every day. It has been an incredible journey so far. Gina kept saying I will not believe how much I will grow and learn through this journey and I truly had no idea what she meant but I feel it now. I feel AMAZING!
So much of this for me has to do with my food. Yes, everyone thinks that my food must be boring, eating the same thing day in and day out but it is not! Definitely not. I need a lot of variety. That's just the kind of creature I am so for me to eat the same thing day after day is just NOT going to happen. Yes, I may have egg whites fifty million times in a week but they never taste the same - one meal will be with salsa, one could be with bruschetta topping, one could be with my oil-free tabouli. So as you see variety is key in my food. Even my oatmeal that I normally eat with cinnamon and Just Like Sugar, sometimes I like to have that more "savory" and just put a little sea salt on. That's tasty too. I like using my cooking as my creative outlet too. So I love to find new recipes or come up with my own concoctions. It helps me relax and do something nice for myself. And it's FOOD! Need I say more.
Speaking of my food, guess how many dozen egg whites I'm eating this week?!? 9.8!! Yep, let's just call it 10, okay? That is CRAZY! No, I don't eat them all as egg whites alone, sometimes in my Chocolate Protein Cakes! But still that's a whole lot of egg whites!!
So what was up with me yesterday? When I say I was craving everything I've ever eaten, I pretty much mean it. Jack in the Box Oreo Shake? Check. Bigg Chill peanut butter frozen yogurt? Check. Pitfire Grill's mac and cheese? Check. See's Candies? Check. Fatburger french fries? Check!!! Yep, it was like that yesterday but guess what? I didn't have any of those fine items. Good job me! It just was funny though because that is pretty much my list of all things that I normally crave. I forgot to eat my 1/4 cup rice yesterday at Meal 5 so I seriously think it impacted my cravings or something. Or maybe I was just dehydrated! Who knows?
This morning I was up and at 'em and at the gym by 5:30. Walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes - 4.5 at 12% incline. Then did 10 minutes stepmill only on level 8. I have to take it a little easy because of my back and this was the first day I even did the stepmill only because doing steps with a bulging disc makes matters much worse. Tonight I'm training legs with NO deadlifts. We'll see how that goes. I will probably have to roll on my balls (LOL! just love to say that!!) for about an hour after to make sure there's no tightness in my legs or hips that will throw off my back alignment and make my disc "angry"!
Meals for today have been and will be:
1) Protein shake with Paradise Green tea, oatmeal
2) Oatmeal, egg whites with salsa - later steamed cauliflower (yes, metabolism is kicking in yesterday and today)
Planned for later:
3) Fish, beans and rice with some more salsa and probably some Crunch A Munch salad
4) Pork and brown rice and probably broccoli
5) Egg whites with bruschetta topping and brown rice medley
6) Shrimp with salad with my yummy dressing sans sesame oil (recipe below)
3 T rice vinegar
6 drops stevia
2 T lime juice
1/2 T grated frozen ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t minced jalapeno
1 T sesame oil
That's about it. Long post!! Have a great day and catch up with you later today or after I return from meeting with my coach tomorrow!! Woohoo! Just a little over 10 weeks out now! Can you believe it?!? I can't!
Time = life; therefore, waste your time and waste your life, or master your time and master your life. ~Alan Lakein
3 comments:
Congrats on your size 4. So proud of you. :) Angel
YEAAAAH Size 4 !!! ERIN :) That's amazing! See, you didn't fall into the fast-food cravings... that's why you're wearing size 4, soon to be 2 ;)
Thanks girls!! Yes, Claudine, I didn't fall into those cravings and that is a good reason for my success thus far! But with all the awesome food I get to eat and fantastic recipes I rarely get those cravings. Don't know what happened that day! Weird!
Post a Comment