Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday is over...Tuesday is here!

Sounds like the beginning of a rhyme, which I was going to write, but can't really come up with anything!!

So, to continue on. Let's just go over yesterday's meals. Shall we?

Meal 1) Egg whites and oatmeal with stewed rhubarb (Ah, yes! I knew I forgot I had made something else Sunday!) Recipe below!
2) Zucchini loaf!
3) Crunch A Munch with Shrimp (forgot my rice so ate it at meal 5)
4) Kale chips and then Zucchini loaf (yes, again!)
5) Chicken and rice with chili garlic sauce and more Crunch A Munch on the side
6) Fish in Italian style tomato sauce & Zucchini Chips!!
7) Chocolate protein cake with Nuttzo

Yeah, it was a GREAT food day! I'm loving my mealplans. They are beyond tasty. Well, also because I make them that way. I'm not one to just eat the same. Variety is king!! Or should I say queen!!

Crockpot Stewed Rhubarb

7 stalks rhubarb
1/2 cup water
1-2 cinnamon stick
vanilla extract
stevia
Just Like Brown Sugar (or other brown sugar substitute)

Chop rhubarb into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces. Throw in crockpot with water, cinnamon stick and  stevia. Turn on low and leave it for at least 6 hours. I left mine for about 12 hours or so. I stirred and added more stevia a couple of times. Turn off crockpot and add Just Like Brown Sugar and vanilla to taste. Stir it up. 

I put this in the fridge in the morning. After my workout at night I ate a good cup of it since I opened it up to taste it and the flavor had improved even since then. Really, really good. I'm going to have to buy more rhubarb so I can make it again maybe tonight or tomorrow. 

So, on to Tuesday, I woke up on the right side of the bed seeing as how I got plenty of sleep for me and woke up feeling refreshed! Yeah! Did my 35 minutes fasted AM cardio all on the treadmill all on 4.4 @ 12% incline. Just in that kind of mood. Stretched after AND rolled on my balls like a good girl. Then it was home for some breakfast and shower.

Food today so far:
1) Egg whites with cherry tomatoes and lemon zest (yes, my new favorite) and oatmeal with rhubarb again!
2) zucchini loaf
3) Brown rice medley with some wild rice, chicken, green homemade tomatillo salsa, few pieces of Crunch A Munch
4) Zucchini loaf
Later today:
5) Barbecued pork chops (recipe below), green beans
6) Salad with Shrimp
7) Hmmm...cinnamon danish frankenfood? I think so! I'll let you know though.

Barbecued Pork Chops 
(Minus the Barbecue)

1 T Just Like Brown Sugar (or sugar substitute of your choice or even REAL brown sugar if you choose)
1/4 t sea salt
1 t paprika
1 t chili powder
3/4 t garlic powder
3/4 t ground cumin
1/4 t dry mustard
1/8 t ground allspice
1/8 t cayenne
4 (6-ounce) pork chops, trimmed
cooking spray

Combine first 9 ingredients. Rub over both sides of pork. Heat broiler. Place on foil-lined pan sprayed with cooking spray (or use the Reynolds Quick Release Non-Stick Foil). Broil 2 minutes then turn over and broil 2 minutes more. Keep cooking until cooked through. Mine took only 2 more minutes so 6 minutes total. 

I must get photos of my pork chops. They're so divine! Really hit the spot for someone like me that loves me some barbecue!!!! Mmmmm.....mmmmm! I need to make some coleslaw to go with this. That's a perfect combo.

That's it for now. Until tomorrow I think you are all significantly caught up on my life!!! Be happy and enjoy your happiness! It's a great day for that!!!

"Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy."  ~Robert Anthony

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence” ~Aristotle



No comments: