Saturday, July 24, 2010

Posing practice...SO important!!

I'm at the LA Championships and let me just say how important it is to practice. This girl just was on stage and she had clearly done the work but also quite clearly had NO idea how to pose. Just bouncing around, couldn't hold a pose. Because of that she won't be first. But had she learned and/or practiced posing she would have easily taken that class.

More later!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Claudine said...

Oh... posing!
Something that can make you or break you!

You see, I may not have the best shape in a line-up sometimes, but at least, my posing is perfect. And the smile! Very important... it gives you free points! :)

There are so many details to think about for posing correctly, when you're under the spots and nervous, you might forget them.

You'll realize also that holding a pose for sometime up to 5 minutes, is pretty difficult to do!!!

I'm glad you were able to see a show before your own... because it's not all to have "the perfect physique". If 2 girls have exactly the same marks and the same physique, the one who looks more confident and poses better will win.

That girl will be you, Erin! ;)

Erin said...

I couldn't agree more Ms. Claudine. I've been to about 4 shows so I think that's very helpful.

I was thinking about being on stage and under the lights and wondering if I'll get stage-fright or not. That's why I know I must keep practicing so it's just second nature.

Gina has me hold poses forever!! She'll just keep talking and talking and I keep thinking she forgot I'm holding a pose...but you know her...it's all part of her plan!! LOL! It works. Practice, practice, practice!!