Sunday, July 11, 2010

9 WEEKS OUT!!!! Week 8 of Contest Prep!!

Sorry I've been so out of touch. I think I was just a little overwhelmed. I went to San Diego Friday to meet with Gina and practice posing. I'm feeling much better about my posing. We decided that the best way for me to hit my poses best is to crack up and then strike the pose. Yeah, I don't think the judges and other girls on stage would care for that much, huh?

Gina is pleased with my progress. In fact, she added back in quite a bit of fat this week...including...are you ready for this...STEAK!!!! Oh, yes, that's right! I can't wait to eat it. Yum....yum....yum!!! I love my steak. It's going to be delectable. Can't wait. I actually cooked it tonight since it's going to be one of my meals I eat at work. I'm going to have it on salad with some yummy horseradish mustard dressing (oil free of course). Can't wait! Not only that but I also get to eat my Spelt Flakes this week! Again yum....yum...yum!!! Love those as well. And guess what else? That's right! NUTTZO!!!! I get to have that on my pancake or muffins!!! Again...what?....that's right...yum.....yum....yum!!!! It is going to be a FANTASTIC WEEK!!!! And it couldn't have come at a better time since this week is going to be a little crazy with work since my boss is just getting back in town and that always means an increase in patients and generally just more work. It will make the days go by super fast though so that's always good.

I keep forgetting to tell all of you. Guess how many dozen egg whites I ate last week?!? That's right! 9.8 DOZEN!!!! Let's call it 10. Okay, well, that was last week. And this week, you ask? Yep! Ready?! 12 DOZEN!!!! Well, not quite because it's just 140 eggs and not 144 but still it's quite a few I think. What do you think? It's a good thing I'm creative with my cooking and find all different kinds of things to put on top of my egg whites (like my bruschetta topping and tabouli). And in my egg whites (like zucchini and mushrooms). Different things to wrap them in (like seaweed and romaine leaves). And different sides to have with them (like oatmeal or brown rice). Yep, that pretty much makes it all palatable. I don't know how some people going through contest preps eat just plain ol' hard boiled egg whites. I would gag and certainly would be hating life if I ate my egg whites like that. Yuck!!!

So today I did a lot of cooking. It was awesome. I even made some Thai Shrimp Burgers for me and my friend. Delish!!! Oh, and I concocted a little celebratory drink for myself since I had "company" over. I made a "sparkling limeade" of sorts and then later made a "sparkling lemonade". They were both very tasty. I sweetened them with some stevia liquid and they were really delish! I've made this before and even put some Just Like Sugar on the rim of the glass. It's so great. And you really feel like you're having a "beverage". Next time I think I'll have to combine the lime and lemon and make "Mock 7up". Yep, that would be tasty. Ooh, I think I'm onto something!!! Especially for summer! Tasty, tasty!

I had great workouts all week and even yesterday with hams and glutes. Although later yesterday my back started hurting quite a bit. So I iced it and then I got my tennis ball out and gave it a little what for and it pretty much made the pain stop! I'm telling you, if you're athletic and get pains from different things, the roller and tennis ball are the ONLY way to go. For knee pain, roller on the IT band is imperative. And for low back pain of all sorts, usually tennis ball in the butt cheek is THE answer!!! Truly! It's amazing the difference that makes. I did take 2 ibuprofen last night only, none during the day. And today I haven't taken any so we'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

One more thing to note: I feel really great. Yes, overwhelmed a little just by my lack of time really. But as far as the eating and working out, that part just seems so simple. Again, not EASY per se but simple for sure! I'm just so pleased. I mean, at the end of this week I'll already be halfway through my prep! That's right! HALFWAY through!!! Wow! Time is just flying!!! Just moving! And I'm moving along right with it!!!

I need to get to bed but I will definitely be updating you more during the course of the week. Hope everyone had a splendid weekend and you have a fantastic week this week. It's going to be great! I just FEEL it!! ENJOY!! LIVE! LOVE!

 

“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” ~Albert Einstein



2 comments:

Claudine said...

Erin, you're such in a great place mentally right now, it's beautiful to see! Makes me want to start a new competition prep too... hahaha NOT. I'm on strike :)

Girl, that's a lot of eggs... Ever thought of owning a farm? ;) Would come less expensive! hihihih

Erin said...

LOL! Yes, a chicken farm would really pay off about right now, huh?

Thanks for the support, Claudine! It means soooo much to me!