Last night was a cooking kind of night for me. I need to stop doing that during the week because I always end up going to bed late that way. But at any rate, at least I'll really enjoy my food today!! Woohoo!
I did end up having my Cinnamon Danish with Caramel and Toasted Almonds last night. Ooh, so delicious!! So so so delicious!! That's the first time I had it again since I posted the recipe. But MAN, oh man, is it tasty? I think I had forgotten. Love it!
I also made Couscous and Mushroom Stuffed Ronde de Nice and Spiced Yellow Squash Soup. Yummy...can't wait for my meals today!!
Couscous and Mushroom Stuffed Ronde de Nice
1 cup cooked brown rice couscous (Lundberg brand)
1 - 1 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
2 T shallots
2 garlic cloves
2 T parsley
salt and pepper
4 ronde de nice squash
1. Cut the tops off the squash. Scoop out insides with melon baller or just a spoon. Chop and reserve insides. Put in baking pan and spray insides and lids with olive oil spray. Place tops on squash and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Squash should be tender but still firm enough to hold shape.
2. While squash is cooking, saute shallots and garlic in pan sprayed with olive oil spray for about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and reserved squash pieces. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Then add couscous and mix all together just till mixed.
3. Place mushroom couscous mixture in squash, packing in so most of it fits in the cavity with only a little spilling out. Put lid on or off to the side. Serve immediately. If serving later, reheat in microwave or in oven at 350 just till heated through.
I will be having this with my Barbecued Pork Chops. Yummy!
I love the brown rice couscous from Lundberg. It tastes quite awesome. You just want to be sure that it gets dry enough. That's the trick! It should fluff with a fork just like real couscous.
Spiced Yellow Squash Soup
2 pounds yellow squash, trimmed and roughly chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted and ground
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lime
1. Combine the squash, onion, broth, water, red pepper, cumin, coriander, and turmeric in a pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until the squash is very tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Once the squash has cooled, purée it in a blender on high till smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve. When completely cool, season to taste with the lime juice, salt and pepper. This recipe is meant to be served cold but you could also serve it hot.
Optional: dollop of yogurt or light sour cream, drizzle of olive oil or MimicCreme.
I will be having this with chicken in it. Can't wait.
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted and ground
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lime
1. Combine the squash, onion, broth, water, red pepper, cumin, coriander, and turmeric in a pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until the squash is very tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Once the squash has cooled, purée it in a blender on high till smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve. When completely cool, season to taste with the lime juice, salt and pepper. This recipe is meant to be served cold but you could also serve it hot.
Optional: dollop of yogurt or light sour cream, drizzle of olive oil or MimicCreme.
I will be having this with chicken in it. Can't wait.
So today it was up and at 'em...well, kinda anyway...hard getting out of bed since it was a nice temperature and I was pretty cozy in my comfy, comfy bed!! It was one of those mornings that I wish I drank coffee. But alas I don't. So off to the gym and cruised through my 35 minutes of cardio. 25 minutes incline treadmill 4.4 @ 12-15% incline then 10 minutes stepmill - level 10 and 5 minutes level 13. Quick stretch and I was out of there. I will do some rolling tonight after my afternoon cardio. No training today and it will be a night of rest and relaxation. No cooking, in other words. No blogging and no phone calls...just good ol' R&R. I should feel like a million bucks tomorrow then. There will be NO excuses for being tired.
My first 2 meals today are identical to yesterday's. But the rest of the meals will be slightly different. Here they are:
1) Egg whites with tomatoes and lemon zest; oatmeal with stewed rhubarb
2) Zucchini loaf
Still to be eaten:
3) Barbecued pork chop with couscous and mushroom stuffed ronde de nice - I'm excited
4) Zucchini loaf
5) Spiced Yellow Squash Soup with chicken - maybe some green beans or Crunch A Munch if I'm still hungry
6) Salad with tilapia
7) Chocolate Protein Cake
That's it for now. Just thought I could help some of you out with your meal plan for later today!



3 comments:
Social nite at the gym! Hilarious! Miss reading your blog. Sorry I've been busy. But I'm still cheering you on and proud of your continued success. Super excited for September.
Angel :)
Food has replaced sex in my life, now I can't even get into my own pants” ~Anonymous
ahahahahahahahaha I love it :) :) :) Don't tell that to my boyfriend... Pouahahaha
Erin! Good attitude about your gym... I used to get frustrated when it happened, but now, I somewhat like it, as it makes me laugh, just like you did. It proves you that you're doing something good: people are asking YOU for advices... How cool is that! ;)
Thanks Angel! Miss you too! Glad you're busy and hope you're enjoying life and your new job!! Thanks for your support and positivity! Love it!
Claudine, I thought you would enjoy that quote. It just cracks me up. And don't worry I won't tell your boyfriend. Yes, it is pretty cool that people are asking me for advice. It's all good and positive so I take it that way! So glad you understand! ;-)
Post a Comment