Okay, seriously, I don't think I slept last night at all. It was so hot and still. It was ridiculous. I was kind of angry in the middle of the night. And no, I didn't get over it!! LOL! So today I'm tired...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....oh! I'm awake...I'm awake!! Besides that I think I burned every single ounce of energy I had yesterday. Since I was on FIRE, remember? Yeah, today, not so much. I guess this is where you really have to dig your heels in and "get it done"!!! Believe me, I was so exhausted come morning that I just thought I would forget the workout all together. But I didn't. I hit the snooze...let's see...um....3 times! And then it was questionable once I stepped out of bed if I was really going to go. I had a short conversation with myself and decided I would be really disappointed in myself if I didn't go so I went. I got on the stepmill. I would have preferred the treadmill but I have a blister on my heel so that's NOT an option. :-( So I pushed myself and did level 9 for about 15 minutes then level 8 for about 8 then finished the last 7 or so minutes on level 12 with the help of my new-found friend MJ singing "Ease on Down the Road". I had to laugh at the dichotomy happening here. I mean, ease on down the road vs. struggle and act like you're not going to die if you take another step...see what I mean? It's something to laugh about, don't you think?
I finally feel like I'm almost waking up now. I think part of it is just being able to cool my body. That helps in making me feel more energetic. I just finished my second meal and the AC is kicking on here at work so I am feeling better. I will most definitely be taking a nap today!! No doubt about that!
I'll update you later or over the weekend. Just wanted to let you all know that there is a reason I really enjoyed my wave of energy yesterday because clearly it doesn't last forever!!
No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. ~Carrie Snow
If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters. ~Author unknown, attributed to Jim Davis
3 comments:
No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. ~Carrie Snow
Very "à propos" :) :) :)
I hate hot nights! I have not been sleeping well for the last 2 weeks now. Arrrgh! I feel your pain my Darling.
Very courageous of you to have pushed yourself even if you really did not feel like it.
You're a true Champion! A tired, Champion, but a Champion just the same ;) xxx
Thank you my dear!! Tonight I'm definitely sleeping with my AC in my room! I have a portable one but was not about to try to hook it up in the middle of the night last night. Didn't you get AC this week? I hope so so you can have a good night's sleep too!
I'm a little less tired of a Champion now. Thank goodness for naps!! And AC!!! Woot woot!
My AC is being installed AS WE SPEAK!!!! :) Watch me sleep tonight... hahahah
Post a Comment