Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fantastic Thursday!

So it's the end of the work week for me! Yippee! I just get to play now for a few days. Well...play and work out and play and work out...but more playing than if I had to work, right?

My coach posted something on her website, a link to this site that discusses domestic violence. I'm going to try to raise some awareness right now. Here's the article: Domestic Violence Article I'm going to post the copy of the article in a separate post. It's just disturbing how many people are involved in domestic violence. I think it's really important to educate young girls and boys about domestic violence. Explain the cycle of abuse so you can recognize you're in it way before you're in danger and hopefully get out before it's too late. I'm very passionate about this and I've decided that one of my goals once my competition is over will be to volunteer at a battered women's shelter or help in some capacity with domestic violence. I've tried to do this before but it's really hard to get involved as an individual volunteer compared to a group of some sort (work, church, organization). So if any of you have any ideas, please let me know because I really want to do this - help raise awareness and get through to young girls particularly about how to take control of their own lives and NEVER let others control and/or manipulate them or their lives!

I didn't do my workout this morning. I slept in! Yummy! I love sleeping in. Then I went to work and it was kind of a crazy day at work. I got off work early and went to my 9th of 10 Structural Integration sessions. I feel good. I definitely feel like it has helped me significantly. My practitioner was reminding me to always go for length in my body, stretching up with the top of my head and pressing down with my feet. I'm practicing it right now...well, not my feet so much since I'm sitting on my couch but you get the concept. This will ultimately help me with my posing practice when that all starts up in May!

Speaking of posing practice...guess what?!? I got my hooker heels for my show so I can start practicing walking in them! Yes, 5 inches! Wow! Yes, I'm a HO!!! Here's a picture of them! But, guess what? They're actually SURPRISINGLY comfortable considering how cheap they are and that they're made out of plastic! They should make all soles of high heels so cushiony! Check 'em out!

WOOHOO! I'M A HO!!
I'll write more tomorrow. Family's coming in town. How great it will be to see them! Can't wait! Off to bed because I still have to get up early tomorrow to workout! I'll keep you posted on workout, meals and eating with others (welcome to the real world, huh?)! LOL!

Have a great weekend and a good GOOD FRIDAY for all those that celebrate that!



A cause may be inconvenient, but it's magnificent. It's like champagne or high heels, and one must be prepared to suffer for it. ~Arnold Bennett
________________________________

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Audra loves the shoes!! Me too!!

Erin said...

I'll buy you some for Christmas! Aren't they slutty? Oh! I mean sexy? LOL!