Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cruisin' along!

So, 2nd day out of the way. I really need to get to sleep early. I can see that I need more sleep so tonight's the night for that. I did get up this morning and headed to the gym but not as early as usual. I did my 45 minutes on the stepmill and decided that I really need to find a way to like the stepmill if we're going to spend so much time together. So my cardio was just all right. At times I really miss my aerobics and rollerblading.

Wouldn't ya know? The President of the U.S. was in L.A. this morning and decided to head to the airport at prime rush hour time so the streets were closed from about 7 till 8:30 or so. They closed the main artery (405 south) and then also closed Sepulveda. Not so bright, these people that plan how and when the president will move around.

So I got to work late and was just having a hard time at it all day long pretty much. I think I was tired, a little grumpy and also didn't feel so great about my a.m. cardio workout. So I thought I was in for it on my p.m. weight training but guess what? I actually had a really great weight workout. I tried some new exercises and kept some old and really liked the change. It was great. So yeah!

I'm going to make some zucchini loaf and call it a night. I must get my shut-eye tonight!

Meals:
1) 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal w/ 4 oz Voskos yogurt, agave, and cinnamon - sounds weird but it was really tasty!
2) 1 cup spelt flakes with protein shake and 5 walnut halves - later a snack of cucumber and red pepper
3) Thai Basil Chicken w/ green beans and red pepper; 1/2 cup strawberries for dessert
4) Spice Protein Muffins
5) 3 oz chicken, 2 oz pork w/ asparagus and broccoli
6) Turkey taco meat scramble with avocado then kale chips later
7) Protein pancake with some kind of nut butter I'm sure - speaking of that, last night I made a chocolate protein pancake and put some crunchy peanut butter mixed with some water and agave as topping...OMG! DELISH!!

Workout:
Wide grip seated cable row - superset with hip lifts (sometimes called "rockets") for abs
Rope lat pulldown
Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown
Alternating bicep curls w/ dumbbell
Cable curl w/ rope - superset with ab crunch on decline bench w/ plate
Ab crunch on the floor
Knees to chest superset with Ab twist

I did lots of abs today because I felt like it. I don't know why. Just did. That's about it and now I'm off to cook and then it's quick to bed! Goodnight everyone!


“The spirit, the will to win and the will to excel --- these are the things what will endure and these are the qualities that are so much more important than any of the events themselves.” ~Vince Lombardi

No comments: