Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday night!

Yesterday and today I was up and at 'em early in the morning, at the gym at 5:30 on the treadmill yesterday. And this morning I was headed to the stepmill but of course the only one left was broken and I nearly fell off and hurt myself. Luckily I didn't but I had to do the elliptical since that wasn't an option. 45 minutes both days and I felt pretty good. Today I HAD to take a nap at lunch though. I was very tired!

Meals:
1) Spelt flakes with walnuts and protein shake as "milk"
2) Chocolate protein muffins w/ peanut butter
3) Tilapia (ooh, I must post that recipe) and wild rice and red pepper
4) 6 egg whites with tabouleh
5) 1/2 container Voskos yogurt w/ protein powder & cinnamon! Oh! Also some cucumber
6) Salad w/ grilled chicken
7) Will be chocolate mint protein w/ flaxseed oil

Workout:
Wide grip lat pulldowns - warm up set & 2 drop sets
One arm cable row - warm up set & 1 drop set
One arm DB row - 3x15 with 25 lbs
Hammer Strength Lat pulldown - 3x12 with 70 lbs
Bicep DB curls - 3x12 supersetted with decline ab curl w/ 25 plate - 3x20
Cable bicep curl with rope - 3x15
Roman chair - straight legs 15 then bent legs 2x15

Good workout. Yesterday was a GREAT workout and super fast. I was in and out of that gym in about 40 minutes total time including warm up!

My family's still in town so I'm trying to add time with them in my usual mix. It's a little hard to balance it all but I think I'm doing all right. It's just so great to have family in town. It's the best!

I ordered protein powder that was supposed to arrive today but for some reason it didn't show up. FedEx Ground claims they tried to deliver it but couldn't. That's odd. We were at the office all day! I'm not saying they're liars. I'm just saying...


Delicious Fish Marinade
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp lemon rind
2 tsp horseradish
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp oregano (dried)
1/2 tsp basil (dried)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup olive oil

Combine first 8 ingredients in a blender for a few seconds. Very gradually add the olive oil with blender 
running. Pour marinade over fish, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours. Grill, broil or pan fry any way you like. (I broiled mine about 2-3 minutes per side.) Pour remaining marinade over cooked fish if desired. 


So that's about it. I'll post more tomorrow probably! Have a great evening and let's have a MARVELOUS Wednesday!


“I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret.” ~Anthony Robbins

“The truth of the matter is that there's nothing you can't accomplish if: (1) You clearly decide what it is that you're absolutely committed to achieving, (2) You're willing to take massive action, (3) You notice what's working or not, and (4) You continue to change your approach until you achieve what you want, using whatever life gives you along the way.” ~Anthony Robbins





No comments: