Friday, April 9, 2010

Lunch! Mochi Stir-Fry!

I just made a yummy lunch and thought I would post it. My family left today and it left me with some time to make something delicious and fresh for lunch. I finally got around to making the mochi as a chewy savory main dish instead of a baked crunchy-chewy sweet dish. It was soooo delicious and totally reminds me of the Korean dish that is basically the same with what they call tok (sweet rice cakes).

 Mochi Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry

1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
12 small mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
5 oz Asian pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 package Sesame-Garlic Mochi, cut into about little rectangle "sticks" (20-30 pieces?)

Sauce: 2 t soy sauce, 3 drops stevia, 1 clove garlic (minced), dash of sesame oil - Mix sauce ingredients together and set aside.

Heat pan w/ small amount of oil (I used olive oil). Add onions and celery. Saute for a minute or 2. Add bell pepper and mushrooms. Saute again for a minute or 2. Add mochi. Stir and cover with lid for a minute or 2. Add green onion, pork tenderloin, and sauce and stir. Put on plate and eat! Yum! 

 I did my morning workout a little later this morning but did get in there and get it done. I have a lot to do around my place since I have the day off so I better get to it. I'm also supposed to do another workout today but I'll let you know if that happens or not. I'm NOT holding myself to it. If it doesn't happen, I'm okay with that and if it does that's even better!!

Have a great Friday and I'll catch you up on my week later today or over the weekend!! Hope you are all doing well!

No comments: