Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crazy Day!

Today was just a crazy day at work. And then I came home to relax. I made some...well...FOUR batches of chocolate protein muffins and GUESS WHAT?!? NOOOOO baking soda! Aargh!!!!! I could just scream. And yell. And cuss. And yell. And scream. Not only could I do that but that is EXACTLY what I did! As one of the kids I used to be a nanny for would say, I was HOPPIN' MAD!!!

“When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear.” ~Mark Twain

 Oh well. You know I'll eat them anyway. Just had to vent. Soooo not happy! Oh well. Four meals that won't be great. Won't be horrendous but they really won't be great! So, the lesson here? Don't talk on my phone while I'm making muffins. I mess them up every time I do that! Ugh! Okay...feel better now!

La la la! Life is wonderful! Please note fantastic tone of sarcasm! LOL!

No, really, I just have to feel better so on a positive note, I got to sleep in a little extra this morning and I had a good workout. Tomorrow morning I'm going to work extra hard to improve my relationship with the stepmill. We will be romantically involved by the middle of May. Oh, wait, that's right, not a romantic relationship! Well, anyway, I have determined that since my coach has me on that thing 3 times a week and it will probably be even more through my contest prep, I really need to find a way to enjoy it. I'm going to do my darnedest and I'll let you know what happens with that!!

Oh, one of my fine blog readers reminded me that I didn't let you know if I was sore after my new workout. Yes, my shoulders were sore the next day but not super sore. Tomorrow is my first day with my new LEGS workout so that may be a different story. Again, I'll keep you posted on my soreness factor.

I feel better just writing on my blog here. Thanks to all of you again for your support and reading my silly antics. It's quite cathartic to write about some sense and nonsense.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense. ~Robert Frost

Only two more days till the weekend. I can't wait. After today I'm just excited for the weekend. Two more days of work just waiting for me. I can do this. Workouts and work! Hope you all have a nice end to your week and have some fun things planned this weekend. Let me know what you're up to!

"The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.” ~Earl Nightingale (US motivational writer and author, 1921-1989)


 

No comments: