Saturday, April 10, 2010

I've got noodles for legs!!

Well, I guess I must feel really bad about not getting back to the gym yesterday because I really made up for it today. I got up fairly early (6:30 or so) and got to the gym. For once there was an available stepmill. So I hopped on it for 45 minutes at Level 5 for single step and Level 7 for every other step. I've increased my level and I was feeling it. I got home and couldn't get warm so I thought it would be best to take a nap to warm up! LOL! It worked. I was warm and comfy. I knew I had another workout to face so I got up and ate Meal 2:

4 egg whites with salsa, 1 slice toast, 1/2 cup strawberries
After that I talked myself into going to the track. It was a hard conversation!! The weather was overcast so it really wasn't very motivating. But I did my track workout and it felt good except my knee started to hurt a little. Do you think it was complaining about the activity? Yeah, I think so. Note to self: No stepmill on the same day as track workout!!

I met a friend for dinner and to go see "Date Night". I really enjoyed the movie. It was just light and funny and a nice escape from reality. Dinner was also quite good - chicken with salad and roasted veggies. Yummy! And best of all is that I didn't have to cook it!

On my way home I wanted frozen yogurt but resisted the temptation. I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some zucchini and ended up with some of these Think Thin Bites. Oh, yes, tasty indeed! Good thing they're portion controlled for me. I just wanted a little something sweet and this did it for me. They have no sugar and they are low calorie and gluten free!



Once bitten...well, twice!

Nutrition Info: 100 calories, 4 g fat, 7 g carbs, 6 g protein

That's about it for today. I have much baking to do tomorrow and some shopping so I'll keep you posted as to what happens. And, yeah! Tomorrow is a REST day! Can't wait to do nothing physically. Should be great. And I'll be ready for Monday.

 

“Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.” ~Joseph Campbell



No comments: