Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So glad today is over!

I'm exhausted. I thought I was doing all right when I woke up this morning at 5:20 to go work out but somewhere after that it kind of caught up with me and I was in a funk of sorts for the rest of the morning. No problem. I slogged through, made it home to nap at lunchtime and felt refreshed for the afternoon. Got back to the gym to work my back, biceps and abs.

Meals:
1: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 3 mini chicken frittatas, 5 walnuts
2: 1 rice cake w/ 1 T PB, 1 scoop protein, 1/2 grapefruit
3: Brown rice crust "quiche"
4: 6 egg whites w/ 1 T avocado, in lettuce wraps
5: 4 oz pork, 1 zucchini
6: Thai Basil Chicken (recipe below)
7: Zingibar Ginger Coconut protein tea...yummy!

Workout:
Seated cable row
Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown
One Arm Row
Alternating Bicep Curl
Concentration Curl
Hip Lifts (Abs)
Abs on Decline bench w/ plate
Roman chair abs


Erin’s Thai Basil Chicken (Gai Pad Gra Pow)  
4 t canola oil 
7 Serrano chilies (this is a pretty spicy amount)
6 cloves garlic
1 lb ground chicken
18 drops stevia
2 T fish sauce (can substitute low sodium soy sauce)
1 red pepper, julienned
1/2 lb green beans
1 pkg (4 oz) basil

Mince garlic & chilies together. Fry in oil over high heat. When garlic starts to brown, drop chicken in. Stir constantly breaking up chicken. Keep stirring till all the juice is gone. Add stevia and fish sauce. Add red peppers and green beans. Put lid on pan for a few minutes to let veggies steam a little. Add basil. Quickly turn over a few times to mix basil with meat. Serve hot with rice.

Additionally you may want to make an over easy egg to put on top if you like that runny yoke thing. It adds some good flavor!

So, for tomorrow I'm going to work on some relaxation, a little better than today since I feel wiped out tonight. I'm going to follow the advice of this quote!

“It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes” ~St. Thomas Aquinas (Scholastic philosopher and theologian, 1225-1274) 



No comments: