Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hyped up for my competition!

I think it really helps me to go to the competitions. I notice things and know what the judges are looking for and I realize there are things that I will need to be aware of when I step on stage! I made a short list of things to do/not do while I was watching. They are as follows:
1) Don't drop my poise/posture between poses
2) Don't stomp my feet when walking
3) Definitely don't do the spatula hand - graceful fingers preferred!
4) Don't point my fingers either

Slept in a little today since I was going to the competition I knew I didn't have time for cardio and track before the competition. So I just decided to do the track! And boy am I glad I did!!! What a GORGEOUS day it was! Of course it actually got quite hot today but at 9am when I was on the track it was perfect with a breeze and sunshine. Oh, yes, fantastic!! Of course the plan was to go to the comp and do my cardio later but I just didn't do that.

After the competition I went for a little shopping. I also got to eat some Korean food. The mall actually has some good Korean food. This is what I ate. Cute little Korean lady gave me some chapche on the sly. She feels the Korean in me! LOL!
Chicken, brown rice, and veggies with kimchee, spinach salad and chapche (glass noodles)

I did get to pick up some samples at the competition. One thing I got to try is the ProDessert (protein pudding) in chocolate and vanilla. I whipped up the chocolate one in a couple of seconds and I'm just getting ready to eat it for my final meal before bedtime. (Hee hee...I just took a little taste - pretty tasty but not as good as my protein tea ;-)) And you all thought I was suffering and not having anything tasty to have the results I've had!
 ProDessert chocolate mix and...voila! Chocolate Pudding!

Speaking of results, I thought I would just share with you because today's weigh-in hit a big mark for me. I'm down 25 pounds since late August 2009 and my bodyfat is down about 14%. As much work as I know I'm doing it doesn't feel like a lot of work. I feel dedicated and again it's nice to be headed toward my goal and enjoying the process. Sure some days are easier than others but it's getting easier and easier. I think that's good because I'm pretty sure it will get harder when I actually start the prep! 

Funny things I heard today!!
1) At the competition, there are 3 categores for females - bikini, figure, and bodybuilding. Bodybuilding being most muscular, figure next and bikini least. I was walking past this guy and girl and he's saying to her, "Figure girls are fit with muscle. Bikini girls are just chubbier." I don't think the girl he was talking to appreciated the comment much but it made me laugh. 

2) While shopping for shoes Rose and her friend (both grandmas as their granddaughters were calling them that) were looking for sandals. Her friend says, "Rose, I have these sandals. I bought them and my feet think they died and went to heaven. They are so comfortable." Cute old ladies!

All in all it was a great day. Didn't do anything productive but got more motivation and inspiration by going where I went today. Have a great night and a nice Sunday!

I don't plan on winning the competition. I just plan on doing everything in my power to bring my best package to the stage. That's all I really want to do. This quote sums it up perfectly for me!


“Winning is not everything – but making the effort to win is.” ~Vince Lombardi

No comments: