Well, let me tell you. I did my typical workouts on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday I was supposed to do do my track workout. However, there was some youth camp registration thing at the track so luckily for me I hadn't done my am cardio so I took my little fanny over to the Santa Monica Stairs and did those for a good 45 minutes. It ended up being 10 times up and down. And let me tell you how much I'm feeling that in my quads and calves today. Ouch! So it's back on the rollers/tennis ball/ myo ball I go. Anything that's going to help!
I got up fairly early this morning and did laundry. No Laundry Room Battle. I think all the contestants were still asleep. So then it was onto meals, of which I have had 2 and will be heading into my third fairly soon. I think I'm going to have to makes some more peanut sauce and have that on my Shiritake noodles again. Yummy!
I bought some new things at Whole Foods this week. I bought the yuzu rice vinegar. I'm sure it's going to be delightful in a salad dressing or marinade. Can't wait to try it. I also bought the Forbidden Rice! It's very nutty and a cool eggplant/black color. Just something for fun and variety. Then today I bought some mochi made of brown rice. Can't wait to try it! I love mochi but I usually have the one made with white rice. I'll let you know how it tastes and what I end up doing with it.This is not to be confused with the Mochi ice cream balls. NOT the same. Although those are very, very tasty, this is just plain ol' mochi.
Yesterday I got to have a refuel meal which until May 22nd is really just a splurge of sorts! I ate Mexican food and it was yummy. Tons of chips...shhhhhh...don't tell my coach. She would have my head!! It was really tasty though and then I was in a food coma till bedtime. Excellent!
I better get going. I have a ton of things to cook today. I'll keep you posted with any new recipes that I think turn out well. The other ones, not so much.
Have a truly terrific Sunday! Monday's just around the corner but I'm going to enjoy my Sunday, relaxing with some cooking and good music!
Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes (American Physician, Poet, Writer, Humorist and Professor at Harvard, 1809-1894)
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach (German-Jewish poet and author)
1 comment:
Hola! Okay, so I was right, you didn't write for 3 days...(although I think I said 4 to you). Actually, I didn't read 2 of your previous postings. Okay, am I on crack? I totally missed some funny blogging. Bad Angel! Laundry Room Battle - is that the title of your new reality show? It should because so many people would write their experiences to the show! Forbidden rice sounds yummy! We won't tell your coach...it will be our dirty little secret! I've tried that rice vinegar you just bought...it's good..xoxo
Post a Comment