Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gotta Get Your Mind Right

I've just been thinking today about how truly important your mindset is for something like what I'm doing. But even beyond that I just think that in daily life your mind has to lead you to your actions. I realize this because my coach is an incredibly positive person and her website is nothing but positive. Not that she's not realistic but she's very positive. You hear it all the time that your thoughts become your actions. Well, it's true. Recently a lot of people have noticed the change/weight loss/trimming down I've been doing. Now keep in mind that I've been doing this since August and just now is when I'm starting to hear that people are noticing. So that's what? 7 months or so? I really had to set my mind to do it and truly believe each and every day that I can reach my goal and do so in a fairly normal fashion. And I had to stay true to myself even before others would notice the difference in me.

Luckily for me I have never really suffered from the "fat girl" mentality. Yes, that is fortunate considering I grew up in ballet and also my dad would always tell me I would get fat if I ate this or that. So luckily for me my mind was already in a good space for this goal I set for myself. Now keeping my mind there is equally important. It can be kind of tough when you're working out hard, eating very clean, cooking all your food, sleeping enough and still change is really slow to come. If you aren't in the right mental space then you're in big trouble!

That's why I believe it's very important to get the most positivity you can out of life. I'm not some rose-colored glasses girl and I recognize that life is full of trials and tribulations.That's why I believe it is KEY to be positive. Surround yourself with positive people, try to say nice things more often, thank those that matter to you for being there, compliment yourself, compliment others, smile more, laugh more and just be in a better mental place, however you get there! Just make sure to get there!!

If I were to sit around and think about all I can't do, all I can't eat right now, how I have to wake up early all the time and go to sleep early all the time I would crumble in my goal! That I am certain of but I've found a way to make this life that I'll be living till September enjoyable and mostly fun. I can't think of it as a sacrifice. Not that I'm not sacrificing some things but they are not that significant and don't hold the weight that this goal does for me. I still have some time for others and some down time. Granted it's not like it was before but I feel better and healthier BY FAR than I did just 7 months ago. To me, these are small sacrifices in the big scheme of life. And also I know that after September 11th, I'll be keeping up with my workouts and eating well but I also know that I won't have to be super strict. It will be similar to now but I will be able to back off my workouts a little and do more workouts that I truly enjoy, be it hiking, blading, beach workouts whatever. I'll have that freedom.

So for me, my goal is to compete in my first figure competition in September. But in the meantime another mini-goal of mine is to come from a more positive place and build even healthier relationships with those around me. I'm trying to be quicker to forget the negative things that are said to me and replace those with the positive ones. It's very important to me to learn to be kinder, gentler and more forgiving! These are all small goals that have stemmed from my huge goal! I'm grateful to reinvent myself. Lucky me!

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow. Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments: