* Baked yams
* Jamie Eason's Chicken Meatloaf Muffins
* Spicy Couscous Summer Salad (with brown rice couscous)
* Spicy Broiled Shrimp
* Roasted kabocha (patiently waiting for my protein powder to arrive so I can make some kabocha protein waffles)
Hmmm...it seemed like I made more than that. I need my protein powder! I have 2 different protein powders on their way and neither of them have arrived. It's too bad I like MGN's protein powder because it always shocks me how SSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW they are at getting orders out. Ugh! Oh well. I should have ordered it two weeks in advance. It's my own fault!
Got up this morning nice and early and headed to the gym for my 20 minutes of HIIT on the spin bike. OY! I'm not used to that workout. It was HARD but felt really great to really just kill it with each interval. TOUGH though, that is for sure. I did kind of random intervals. This is what I did:
30 seconds push – 60 seconds recover
40 seconds push – 50 seconds recover
50 seconds push – 40 seconds recover
30 seconds push – 60 seconds recover
60 seconds push – 60 seconds recover
60 seconds push – 60 seconds recover
60 seconds push – 60 seconds recover
60 seconds push – 60 seconds recover
60 seconds push – 30 seconds recover
50 seconds push – 40 seconds recover
40 seconds push – 50 seconds recover
30 seconds push
I did a little cooldown basically so I could breathe again and then did a nice long stretch. LOVED it! Hadn't done 20 minutes of HIIT for a long time and it was really nice for a change.
Can't wait for my workout tomorrow. Hammies and glutes but taking it easy. I'm still healing so I'm not going to push a lot of weight and just really concentrate on form. Wish me luck.
Hope your short week is off to a great start! Mine is! GOODNIGHT!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, I wish I was in your kitchen! That all sounds so good! Of course, right now I'm in chicken & green vegetables mode (add in egg whites and oatmeal or sweet potatoes for some meals...). Sigh!
Good luck with your leg day today!!
Tomorrow I am allowed shrimp so excited to try out the recipe!
:)
Oh sorry Liz. But soon you can enjoy some of these recipes. Actually all those things I made are things I ate while in contest prep.
Nini, hope you got a chance to make the shrimp and hope you LOVED it if you did. It's my FAVORITE! LOVE it!
Post a Comment