Monday, May 2, 2011

Ahhh...yes...LOVE the Santa Monica Stairs!!

Well, I'm not really sure LOVE is the word. Maybe it should be love to hate? Hahaha! I just love being outdoors and getting a great workout and sweating a lot with strangers. It's AWESOME! In case you don't live in L.A. or anywhere near it and haven't been reading my blog that long, here is a picture of what they look like.

Santa Monica Stairs
That's right! 175 steps of sheer hell bliss! I only did 6 rounds (pretty much about 1050 steps both up and down!!) since I was pretty sore from my workout on Saturday. Yep...hammies and glutes one day and stairs the next! Not so bright, right? Right! But it was a beautiful day and the stairs definitely needed to happen. So that's what I did. My calves are sore from that today. Not as painful as they are when I do 9 or 10 rounds so yippee!


As for the rest of the weekend, let's see...Saturday was a good day. I got up and got things done early, threw in some batches of laundry, did my hammies and glutes workout and then went to ALL YOU CAN EAT Korean BBQ. So I told myself before I went to not overdo it and just remain calm when all the goodness of Korean BBQ is swirling around my head. But did I take that excellent advice? Um...hmmm....NOPE! It was just too doggone good. I love Korean food. That's all there is to it. Me and Korean food...we're tight!!!!


So later we went for a stroll but still felt full for the rest of the day. I've GOT to stop doing that. NOT a good feeling. Whew! There! I said it! I put it out there so now I can't let that happen again! I just love BA (blog accountability)! It's awesome!


Ready for the workout from Saturday? Okay, here it is!


GLUTES AND HAMMIES (yet again!!!)
Dumbbell Full Squats 50# 4x12
Deadlift 95# x 12, 115# x 10, 135# x 8, 155# x 6
Leg Press 90# x 12, 140# x 10, 180# x 8, 230# x 6
Back Extension (glute focus of course), prisoner style x 12, 25# plate x 10, 8, 8
Single Leg Hip Thrust, bodyweight only, 2x10 each leg

This was my first time doing the dumbbell full squats and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!!! If you have not tried them then definitely give them a try. Just click on the link above to see what I'm talking about. So much fun. You just can't really cheat them because if you lean forward or backward you will fall down. GREAT exercise!

My strength seems to be increasing, huh? Yep, I may just break my arm patting myself on the back! HA! Quite proud of the numbers I'm putting up now.

Life is good. It's Monday. It's GO day! Let's get it started and show this world what we're made of! Who's with me here?!?


Nothing is worth more than this day. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do that all the time--leg workout one day, then when I'm not thinking the next day, I jump on the stairmaster. Five minutes later, I'm dying and regretting my poor choice. You would think we know better by now! And congrats on the increasing #s!!

Erin said...

Liz, so funny!! You WOULD think we would know better. And thanks about the numbers!