Monday, May 9, 2011

Legs, Hammies, and Glutes...OH MY!

So I worked out hammies and glutes on Thursday afternoon. I got an offer from a friend on Saturday to work out with her and we thought legs would be great to workout. So despite common sense I worked out my legs with her. It was a GREAT workout! But BOY OH BOY did I hurt yesterday. Hurting and exhausted. I was thinking of working out yesterday. I think I must have lost my mind when I had that thought. Ha! I'm still not even sure today is a good idea. Maybe later but I may just go for a walk/stroll later just for some fresh outdoor air.

At any rate the weekend went well. I didn't get much done but I did get to relax and got to work out and have lunch with my friend that I don't see often enough. My workouts on Thursday and Saturday pretty much made it impossible to work out on Friday and yesterday. So here I am still trying to heal and letting my muscles grow so rest, rest, rest.

It will be an early bedtime for me tonight. That's for sure. I don't have much left in the energy department so that should be pretty easy to do. I guess it would be nice of me to share my workouts. So here we go:

THURSDAY - GLUTES AND HAMMIES
Dumbbell Full Squats 52.5# 3x12
Leg Press 90# x 12, 180# x 10, 270# x 1(basically EPIC FAIL on that - too heavy) so 230# x 8
Walking Lunges w/ Barbell 60# 3x12 (each leg)
Single Leg Back Extension (glute focus of course) 3x10 each leg
Deadlift 50# x 12, 60# x 12, 70# x 12
Single Leg Hip Thrust, bodyweight only, 3x10 each leg

SATURDAY- LEGS (kind of but more hammies and glutes)
Barbell Squats 95# x 15 warm-up, 115# x 12,  135# x 10
Leg Press 90# x 12, 180# x 10, 230# x 10
Dumbbell Full Squats 50# 3x12
Leg Extensions 70# 3x12
Walking Lunges w/ Barbell 40# 3x25 total
Deadlift 50# x 12, 60# x 10, 70# x 8
Single Leg Back Extension (glute focus) 3x10 each leg

So as you see these were both very similar. And that would explain why I was so fried. Foolish you say? Why yes, I would agree.  However, it just sounded more fun than doing shoulders and tris. Not nearly as exciting. And my friend wanted to try a couple of the exercises I had mentioned. So that's what we did and we had a great time. However 2 days later and I'm still paying for it! HA!

My food was off. Surprise surprise. But I'm back on today. I'll keep you posted and will most likely log many of my meals for this week.

As I mentioned earlier I am in desperate need of sleep and rest. I think I keep waking up dehydrated so my plan for today is to make sure I get plenty of water. And my House Rules for tonight are these:
1) No TV
2) No computer
3) No WWF (Words With Friends, not World Wildlife Fund or World Wrestling Federation...hee hee)
4) No phone after 8pm
5) Reading my book is okay and preferred
6) Lights out at 9pm at the latest!

See? I run a pretty tight ship, huh? LOL! So tomorrow I should be rip roaring and raring to go! All hydrated, well rested and well fed. Yep! Tomorrow is going to be amazing. Today is going to be good. But tomorrow? Yep! AMAZING! I'm ready. Bring it! Here's to fun, laughter, amazing food, and great great workouts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your night sounds awesome! I LIKE your rules! :)

Erin said...

Thanks Keelie! The rules were GREAT! The sleep though? Not so much!